Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ChrisAnania
Reel Rookie

Billion Dollar Ideas for Roku

Advertisement

I think I speak for most people when I say that I am OK with advertisements to keep costs to the consumer low as long as they are not over the top. No one wants an add every 10 minutes, nor do we like adds in the middle of a scene. Here are my ideas on ad placement that Roku should focus on.

1. Ads right in the main interface. Currently movies and shows are promoted for different streaming services. this is a start, but those ads could be streamed instead with trailers, channel promos or other commercials.

2. An ad or two as you open a channel. Why not. Now more than two short ads or you will drive people nuts, but 10 to 15 seconds will not be to much.

3. As to relates to your streaming services focus on ad placement. For movies, no more than 3 blocks of extended ads. One at the beginning, after first act and then second. these can be 2+ minutes of ads. For TV shows 1 hour long, ads up front and then half way. 30 min shows ads up front only.

4. Make ads interactive. I do not mean picking which version of an ad you want to see. I mean if the movie is about starwars, place an ad where you can immediately buy swag from the movie through Roku. Or maybe an ad that allows you to order pizza right from your Roku as you start a movie.

User Experience

1. Although I love the simplicity of Roku, it is time to give the interface a facelift. Just some appealing visual differences. Don't change it to much. Focus on reducing the number of required clicks of the remote as much as possible.

2. THIS IS A MUST. A better queue experience. I would love to be able to select movies and episodes from multiple channels and just click play. Like a podcast queue.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.