Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tkatz

Allow email to be changed on Roku TV without factory reset.

I have a new email address and I cant update my Roku TV without a factory reset. I'd rather not. This isn't user friendly. Alternatively allow settings to be backed up to roku.com and then downloaded at any time as long as the tv is linked.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Allow email to be changed on Roku TV without factory reset.

You need a factory reset to change the Roku account to which your Roku is linked.  To just update the email address on an existing Roku account,  you only need to got to log into your Roku account and change the email address.

Log into your account at http://my.roku.com, using the email address currently on the account.  It doesn't matter if that email address is now dead, you're just using it as your login name at this point.  [Note you can't use the lost password option, as it can only send email to the email address currently on the account.]  After you update the email address and it's been confirmed as valid, all of these will be updated: your account i.d., the email address you use to log into your Roku account, and the email address shown via Settings > System > About on your Roku devices.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos