Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fzhcary

stream stick 4k model 3820X

hi

I got this stick from walmart and lost receipt. It never worked. 

When i plug in to my TV and the TV show nothing.

I need a way to reset it. I have been search for answer but after press the reset button for 20 secs, the light is still solid white. Never flashing.

Anyone can help ?

I will probably have to throw it into trash anyway.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: stream stick 4k model 3820X

Hi @PaulReece,

Thanks for reaching out and providing me with your information.

If you are seeing a white light is ON, but you cannot see video on your TV. We recommend taking a look at the troubleshooting steps provided by our Support page here: What to do if you cannot see the picture from your Roku® streaming player on your TV | Official Roku...

You may also refer to this link: What to do if your Roku® streaming player will not power on | Official Roku Support

Keep us posted and we'll continue assisting from there if needed.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: stream stick 4k model 3820X

@fzhcary- A couple of things for you to check.

• When trying to use the Roku stick, double check that you have set your TV to display the HDMI port to which you have connected your Roku.
  • To perform a Factory Reset via the reset button on the Roku stick, you must press and hold the reset button for a minimum of 30 seconds, no matter what you may or may not see on the TV screen.
Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos