Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ddaddyjay

roku stops working and have to unplug the power and plug back in to watch tv

We have been using the regular roku's for a little over a year and two of them will stop work right ( one the picture will start flickering and the other won't go the program) with both of them I have to unplug the power for it to start up again and then it will work for a while. The one that flickers the remote won't do anything the other one can go back the Roku page but nothing will open up all the way. I was hoping that Roku had some kind of customer service on the web site but I only see an address to send a letter to. I have two other units that seem to be working good at least at this point. 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: roku stops working and have to unplug the power and plug back in to watch tv

Hi @ddaddyjay,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We're sorry to hear that you've been having this trouble with playing and streaming your Roku devices.

We would be more than happy to look further into this issue but will need more details. Can you please provide us with the following information:

1. What Roku model devices are you using?
  2. How are you powering your Roku device? Is the device plugged into the TV USB port or is it plugged into a wall outlet?
  3. Have you already tried performing a factory reset on the device to see if the issue still persists?

For more information about how to factory reset your Roku device, visit our Support page here: How to system restart or factory reset your Roku streaming device | Official Roku Support

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos