Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku power resets about 10 minutes into watch a show

@Jackman1630 

Thanks for that. @RokuDanny-R or one of the other Roku Moderators will be working with you on the OS 11 issue.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Jackman1630
Channel Surfer

Also tried 10-15 minute disconnects from power without success

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: roku keeps resetting every 15 minutes or freezing up after 11.0 version installed

@rdeem59 @Sfty0309 @gottarush

Thanks for providing us with your device information.

I have passed them along to the appropriate Roku team who will investigate this issue further. Once we received an update, we'll post it here in this thread. 

Your patience and understanding are greatly appreciated.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Jackman1630
Channel Surfer

A little more clarity.  Two units are model 4400 and work fine after extended 15 minute shutdowns.  One of them took two shutdowns.

One unit is 4630 and it has had three extended shutdowns and on its forth one.

One of the four units I went ahead and replaced with a newer unit.  Started up and works just fine.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Jackman1630 

Thanks for the post.

We would be more than happy to investigate this issue for your. Can you please provide us with the following information:

-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID after this issue occurs (after the device has been reset, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 
Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Re: roku keeps resetting every 15 minutes or freezing up after 11.0 version installed

I'm having the same issue on my premiere + with the DirecTV streaming.

0 Kudos
gottarush
Channel Surfer

We can't revert back to 10.5 unless Roku makes that a solution to the issue. Hopefully they can fix the issues with an update, but if they can't, they may make reverting an option.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@brownmatthew199 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us with the information that I have requested in my last post?

Once we have this information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
smedve
Reel Rookie

Hi. I have been having the same resetting and pixelated issues immediately after updating to 11.0.0. Here is my associated data:

model: 4400X ROKU 4

ser#: YY00A4410678

Build: 4157-17

version: 11.0.0

Device ID: 4U75AA410678

Issue ID: 87-125-505

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@smedve 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please clarify the issue you are experiencing regarding pixelation? Does this happen on a specific channel? What are the steps to reproduce this issue? Can you provide a screenshot of what you are seeing?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos