Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

roku froze up cant turn it on and unit is led light is now blinking can anyone help thanks

i did roku support on line they ended chat . they had me call roku support he was going to conect me with a tech he hung up... new roku device 2wks old been working fine now led light is blinking and can not turn on to watch tv can someone help me  . i took batteries out of remote 20 min unplugged device and usb for 20 min did not help . thanks

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: roku froze up cant turn it on and unit is led light is now blinking can anyone help thanks

Hi @batmanbwb60 

Thanks for the post.

Could you tell us how are you powering your Roku device? Is it connected to the USB port of the TV or to a wall outlet? In some cases, the USB power provided by the TV is not sufficient to power the device. Even though your Roku device may appear to be working, running with insufficient power can lead to instability, crashing, and other unpredictable behavior.

Using the included power cord and power adapter, we suggest plugging your Roku into a working power outlet in the wall. Powering it through a power outlet in the wall has the additional advantage that your Roku player will not need to power up every time you turn on your TV. This means your Roku player will be up and running faster than it would be connected to a TV.

Let us know how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos