Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: must reset roku every time I want to wach

Jump to solution

Hi @mbraley46

We're here to help!

Could you tell us specifically about the issue you're experiencing? If you need help resetting your device, you can follow the steps provided in this Support link: How to system restart or factory reset your Roku® streaming device

We look forward to your response.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
eagle1288
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Depends on the reset.  1. Unplug power cord wait 20-30 seconds plug back in.  2. total reset hit the little red button for 5-10 seconds then reprogram your unit.  This red button on my unit is marked reset, and can be found by the HDMI and power plugin.  on my stick it's by the power plug-in.  Hopes this helps

0 Kudos
ECHs

Jump to solution

I'd be happy to take a closer look to see how we can help.

A few questions here to better understand what you're experiencing:
1. What Roku model device are you using? Can you please provide the serial number/device ID of your Roku device? Roku Streaming Stick 4K
2. Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or all channels on your Roku device? It happens every time I turn on the TV. It says no source and shows the HDMI#. I have to reach in the back of the TV and press the reset button on the Roku and then Roku appears.
3. Are you receiving error messages or codes that cause you to do a reset the Roku device? See answer to #3 above
4. What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue? Unplugged the device from the Power Adapter. Replugged it in. Unplugged the power adapter from the plug and replugged it in.
5. What are you seeing on screen? Blank screen with HDMI# and "no source found" Can you provide a screenshot of the issue you are experiencing? Not able to provide a screenshot

0 Kudos
chrigid
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

thanks. a young person figured it out ages ago. now, when the device acts up, i have to unplug and replug. How did Roku get such a good reputation???

0 Kudos
Larry1946

Jump to solution

Streaming Stick 4K SKU# 3820R

s/n S08Y427MUHF6

Not using USB (not available on my TV)

Power directly to Roku plugged into HDMI port

Inconvenient to always have to reset when I want to Roku, but works otherwise.

What am I doing wrong?

0 Kudos