Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mikeyy
Streaming Star

lg c2 tv and roku causing a pop-up message constantly

Jump to solution

I have a lg c2 tv. While watching my roku I keep getting the message Additional Settings have been detected for the currently connected Roku. Do you want to set up Universal Control Settings? How do I get rid of this message?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Mikeyy
Streaming Star

Re: lg c2 tv and roku causing a pop-up message constantly

Jump to solution

I called LG support and together we figured it out.  I had the lg remote setup to control the Roku.  After much searching through the menus we found the setting to not use the lg remote as a universal remote for the Roku.  This sounds easier than it was.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Strega
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Searching the net for: LG TV set up Universal Control Settings

Finds lots of matches.  I’m not sure if you’ve looked at any of these or use any of the universal control stuff that comes with your TV.  As such, I think how you proceed probably depends on whether you want to use it or ignore/disable it.  I assume either option requires you to do something with the LG remote.  (Presumably just once if you go with the ignore/disable option.)

0 Kudos
Mikeyy
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Thanks Strega,

I haven't been able to find anything either on here or on the LG community sites, except lots of people complaining about it on Reddit.  There's three choices when it pops up - accept, not accept, or block.  None of them keep the message from coming back every few minutes.

0 Kudos
Mikeyy
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I called LG support and together we figured it out.  I had the lg remote setup to control the Roku.  After much searching through the menus we found the setting to not use the lg remote as a universal remote for the Roku.  This sounds easier than it was.

0 Kudos
tmax

Jump to solution

What I did :

Settings

All Settings

General

Devices

External Devices

Universal Control Settings

HDMI 2 Roku OTT (how mine was listed)