Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
goodwill67
Channel Surfer

customer support not available?

Hello

I like Roku but I am seriously considering abnadoning it in favor of ome other device only because it seems impossible to get needed customer support for a specific problem.   Certainly the Community is a valuable resource but in my case I could not find any advice on the issue I have been having.  But it seems there is no agent support for anything other than billing issues and some things really could use an actual contact option, especially when trying to find help on the Community or from googling an issue proves unhelpful.  The contact buttons cannot be clicked on and there appears to be no chat option either.  This causes a lot of frustration.  I don't know what customer service is like for some of the other options but I am now wondering if it is time to look into it.   As I say, I like Roku a lot.   But if there is no good way to get help then why keep it?  If anyone has a suggestion I would be glad to hear.   

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
fredneck
Roku Guru

Re: customer support not available?

Their Twitter Page is a great resource for Roku support as is a Fan group on Facebook. It is called Roku Rocks, and there are many knowledgeable Roku fans in this group. If you post a question, someone will jump in shortly with a solution.

Roku is my favorite streamer, mkvXstream.com has my favorite Roku channels
goodwill67
Channel Surfer

Thanks for these solutions.   I will certainly try them.  Although it still seems odd that Roku does not have their company tech support.  I know Firestick does.  Hopefully with Roky issues are few and far between.  

0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

@goodwill67 wrote:

But it seems there is no agent support for anything other than billing issues and some things really could use an actual contact option, especially when trying to find help on the Community or from googling an issue proves unhelpful. 

Someone always has to be the first person to post a problem.  And sometimes you're not even really the first but just phrasing it differently than other people.  In those cases, please do try posting it.  Someone might have an idea.

goodwill67
Channel Surfer

Thanks.  I often think that if the correct search terms would used when searching in the Community forum that there might be more solutions than one thinks.  But with so many ways to phrase one thing it can get difficult.  I will post as needed.  Though I do hope that maybe they will consider the advantages of being able to contact someone.   Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Alex-Roku
Retired Moderator

Hey @goodwill67, You can reach our options for live support (Chat, Email, Phone) by going here: https://support.roku.com/contactus. From the drop-down menu choose: Questions about my account or billing > Other > Need more help and this will take you to our contact page. Alternatively, we can also answer any questions you have here as well. Feel free to reply to this post or send us a private message directly and we would be happy to help! Thanks for being an active member of our Roku community and #HappyStreaming! 

0 Kudos

Why is it so hard to talk to an agent? Don't  you care about your customers?

0 Kudos
Natan-Roku
Retired Moderator

Hi @Deirdre8653, we're here to help! You can share your issues here on The Roku Community. We're always happy to assist.

Alternatively, you can follow the link that @Alex-Roku provided. While there, you can choose which type of issue it is that you're experiencing so you can be helped out accordingly.

Please keep us updated!

0 Kudos