Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HotRodSA

apps kick me back to home screen

I have 2 Roku tv's (ONN and TCL) and 2 Roku plus streaming sticks. When I go to Xfinity streaming some parts of the app works but other parts when I click on them I am sent to the Roku home screen. When I click on Netflix it doesn't open, it just kicks me back to home screen. I have run updates on the Roku devices and on both apps and that didn't help. I have removed and re-added both apps and that didn't help. I have unplugged Roku devices. Didn't help. I have reset router. Didn't help, I had a chat with Roku support and the person asked for upload speed on the tv's and they 28 and 75 Mbps. She asked for the version of Roku and they are 11.0.0. The last thing she asked was to set them up on another network. I used my phone hotspot and that didn't help. there was an excellent connection on both my home network and my hot spot. What next? I really want my televisions to work again correctly.

0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Re: apps kick me back to home screen

Hello @HotRodSA

Thanks for the post.

If you are in touch with our Support team recently. We would advise that you keep working with them to fix the issue you are currently having, as they would be most suited to help you move forward. 

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
zcoach
Reel Rookie

My Roku premium plus does not connect to the new Xfinity streaming app. I have tried all the troubleshooting and still am having problems. I connected my Apple TV next to the Roku and was able to stream any Apple TV. Should I get rid of the Roku and just get another Apple TV or fire stick?. The Roku just doesn’t seem to be working properly with this new Xfinity streaming app.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hey @zcoach

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

Does the issue only occur on Xfinity or across other channels installed on your Roku? Do you receive an error code or message when accessing the app? Please provide us as well the troubleshooting you've done so we know what steps we should take next.

With more information, we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
zcoach
Reel Rookie

I have restored my Roku to factory settings, reinstall the Xfinity streaming app, rebooted my modem to resolve this problem. I have received error messages 100 and 500. Sometimes I get a message that there is no Internet connection, but says my signal is excellent. My other apps stream and do not have the same problem of Xfinity stream app. I have three Roku devices. The Roku device Built into my TV set does that have any issue. My other Roku 4200 X has issues and also my Roku premier plus has issues. Any help given would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

@zcoach

Thanks for the reply.

Did you restart your Roku device before reinstalling the channel? That step is crucial when performing the troubleshooting. If you haven't tried the suggested order (remove > restart > reinstall), we would recommend giving it a shot once again. We also suggest doing the restart from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

Let us know if there's any difference after.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
zcoach
Reel Rookie

I followed your instructions and it did not work on my Roku 4200, but let me use xfinity stream on my Roku premier +. Maybe I can’t use 2 devices at the same house?  By the way I have a TV  with built roku working perfectly. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

0 Kudos
salimeraj

I have same problem 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

@zcoach

Appreciate the response.

If the issue persists from one channel after attempting the suggestions above, videos from other channels play fine, contact the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help. 

Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developer themselves. In this case, there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them.

You can reach them here: Xfinity Customer Service - Contact Us

Thank you for your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hi @salimeraj

Thanks for the post.

Could you tell us specifically about the issue you're experiencing? If you haven't yet, we suggest trying out the troubleshooting steps I provided above. 

Keep us updated!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos