Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chevydaze
Reel Rookie

apps broken, wont open after 11.5 update

I have a TCL/ROKU 55” series 5 TV, just barely a year old, and after the last ROKU update to version 11.5-build 4235-88, it has not worked correctly and is becoming almost unusable. I know from research that it is a problem with many users. When we select a streaming app, it tries to open, then goes right back to the app library screen. It is different apps each time, with some working, and others not, sometimes if you wait an hour with the TV turned off, the app will open. But most the time the TV needs a factory reset, with all the re-installs that go with the process, and everything will work for no more than 24 hours before it has issues again. It is not the internet, as it is direct ethernet connection, with fast download streams, it is a different app every time, it is the update, being that everything has worked great for a year prior! Something needs done immediately to resolve this issue, being we can not watch all the services that we are paying for.

6 REPLIES 6
jjmizz

Re: apps broken, wont open after 11.5 update

We have a roku tv and have the same issue. Can't open most programs or movies.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@chevydaze @jjmizz

Thanks for the posts.

We would be more than happy to look further into this issue for you but will need more detailed information. Can you please provide us the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Sjpower
Reel Rookie

I also have a ROKU tv(Sharp) that after the last software update, will not play any app/channel content,

we tried all the troubleshooting steps, the internet is fine, the tv is working, and the apps work on other devices. I contacted the ROKU customer support chat center and after an hour plus of having me do all of the steps I had already done, plus a factory reset the issue was not resolved. They actually told me to contact them again in 24 hours to see if they had come up with any solutions! Meanwhile, I have a living room television I can't watch anything on! If anybody knows how to fix this problem, I would appreciate it if you would share this information.

0 Kudos
chevydaze
Reel Rookie

Mine is a TCL TV, since ROKU is of no help, I contacted TCL since thier TV allowed the system update. No luck so far, but at least they are communicating with me 

MADx
Binge Watcher

I have the same issue with the 11.5.0 build 4312 update. I have a series 5 qled Roku TCL television. After the update apps will stop responding and crash to the home page. I have to constantly restart my television. ROKU please fix this issue ASAP.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi Community users,

Thanks for the posts and updates.

At this time, we would recommend trying to reboot your Roku device and seeing if the issue is continuing to occur. You can reboot your Roku device through Settings > System > System restart or by unplugging your Roku device and plugging it back in.

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be able to investigate the issue you are experiencing further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos