Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Zoomed in screen, I’ve tried everything

Well, I'm not going to pick on the Roku employees that staff the forum. They do their best, but they are responding to perhaps a hundred+ messages a day, and maybe got a little cross-eyed later in the day. Their standard responses are almost always valid first steps to try. But Roku has also recognized the value of having some experienced users here to provide help. That's all we try to do. I'm very happy you got it resolved. Happy streaming!

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Brenzol
Reel Rookie

It occurs ALL the time with EVERY channel 

Turrican
Reel Rookie

Same problem happens to me. Started a month or so ago. Model 4630x and goes to an 1080p TV. Happens 100% of the time on every channel and even in the main menu. Tried what was advised here and no success.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Brenzol @Turrican

Thanks for the posts.

As previously requested in this thread, can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

-image of the issue you are experiencing

Once we have this information we will be able to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Turrican
Reel Rookie

Hi,

Model 4630x

Dev Id: 7ka6ae009082

Serial: yr00es009082

Software: 10.5.0 b uild 4208-29

Tracker ID when experiencing the issue using the crunchyroll app: 82-018-636

and wehn using the you tube app 82-018-637. Though i experience this in other apps as well (ESPN,hulu,roku tv etc)

0 Kudos

The menu for roku and the apps are fit to the screen and appear normal. Then when I play a video it is half size in the upper left screen but the play back bar is in the normal centered bottom part. This is the same for paramount+, peacock, espn, youtube tv, and youtube. 

If I unplug the power the problem is resoved till the next day.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Jobob7777777

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us with the information that I have requested in my previous post?

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Vivwolsk
Reel Rookie

Same problem. Any solution?

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

A warm welcome here at the Roku Community, @Brandiecoo73.

We appreciate you reaching out regarding this matter. We'd be more than willing to find you the best resolution for this. 

Would you mind providing us with a photo of the zoomed-in screen you are currently experiencing for reference? So we can assess the situation better. In addition, what specific troubleshooting steps have you taken to resolve the issue? Also, kindly provide us with the model of the device you are having this issue with.

The best course of action will be suggested once we have a better understanding of the situation. We'll be anticipating your response!

Kind regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos