Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Words staying on screen while using my roku

I just got my Roku and noticed sometimes when I'm watching something a previous screen can be seen when I'm watching something. For example, I was watching Netflix and I could while the show was playing the title or info page about the show faintly on the screen. How can I make this go away? I posted a picture of it doing it today but with the home screen side bar options being able to be seen. Its very faint but definitely noticeable. I couldn't get the website to upload the picture, so here is a link to see what I am talking about. 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Words staying on screen while using my roku

@DelaniCollins-

I can't access your image.

Had the faint words you are seeing previously been on the screen for an extended period of time, such as the stream having been paused for a while?  This sounds like a classic case of tv screen image persistence.  "Ghosts" of stationary images, especially high contrast ones like light text on a dark background, tend to persist on the screen.  In severe cases they may set in permanently.

I have a low end JVC set that is quite prone to this.  Fortunately, the ghost images seem to fade away fairly quickly on this set.  To minimize this effect, on the Roku connected to it, I set the screensaver initiation time to its minimum 1 minute setting so that paused images won't stay on the screen for long.  (Settings > Theme > Screensaver wait time)

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos