Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jbmedtran
Reel Rookie

Will not allow shows to start. Constantly going back to where you load the episode.

I see the episode and I hit okay to play it but it just goes back to load episode every time. 

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Will not allow shows to start. Constantly going back to where you load the episode.

Hi @jbmedtran,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We would like to know how to identify and resolve any playback issues. A few questions here to better understand what you're experiencing:

1. What channel are you trying to load this content from?
  2. Please cite specific content title examples that you have tried to play.
  3. Have you tried playing other titles from the same streaming channel if you are also having an issue?
  4. What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

DPTv1

Re: Will not allow shows to start. Constantly going back to where you load the episode.

I am experiencing the same issue with my Roku channel, DPTv.  It is not allowing the next show to begin, it just begins to repeat the previous show unless I leave the channel and go back to it. @DPTv1 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @DPTv1,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand that you are inquiring about a playback issue on The Roku Channel. Kindly provide the requested details from my post above so we can look closely at this issue, could you provide an example movie title that you experience this issue with within The Roku Channel? Are all other streaming channels playing content normally?

As a first step, we recommend performing the below steps and see if you can resolve the issue:

1. Remove the channel from the Roku device
  2. Power cycle the Roku device, by disconnecting it from the power cable and reconnecting the device back to the power
  3. Re-add the channel back to the Roku device

Use these links from our Roku Support for more channel playback troubleshooting steps: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
jbmedtran
Reel Rookie

Please help me. I go to my Roku channel and I pick a show to watch. I hit play for the show and it just keeps going back to screen where the show loads but nothing happens. I have other channels and they are working fine. My husband tried to deactivate the bedroom Roku and the start it up again and the same thing happens. 

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hello @jbmedtran

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

As @RokuMary-F mentioned, we would recommend removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote, and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

We recommend starting here to troubleshoot any channel playback issues: How to resolve a channel playback issue

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos