Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TuneJunkie

Re: Why is the picture on my TV screen dark / dim?

I had the same problem and I reset the Roku and it fixed it for a day than it came back so I changed my TVs setting to computer mode and it has worked since

0 Kudos
jermz_jam

Am having the same problem with my TV. I just turn it on no HDMI connect to my TV and it just go dart. you can hear sound from the TV but it just dart not picture. How can i fix it and where can i go.

0 Kudos
intrimazz

thank you for the tip -  turning it off, unplugging for about 5 minutes and then replugging it in and turning it on worked - this was our first time -tcl tv is about 3 yrs old *updated to add that it happened once again since the last time I posted and this time changing it from movie mode to normal in settings worked. weird glitch this tv has...

A31

I have a black screen on my roku tv. I have tried everything to fix it but it’s still not working.

0 Kudos

@Taylortrybe wrote:

My roku was working well with no display issues. I paused it, then pushed play and now the screen is a lot darker and I can barely see the roku menu or TV shows or setting, ect... . What to do?

0 Kudos

We've had our TCL ROKU TV 7 or 8 months now.  Soon after we got it the screen went dark.  After reading the replies here I unplugged the tv for at least 5 minutes.  Turning it back on didn't appear to be any change.  I did notice that when I pressed rewind the scenes that popped up on the timeline were clear and more visible, but main screen still dark.  Probably always like this and never noticed.  Anyway, I pressed the * button on remote then went to picture settings and as I was toggling through the different options noticed that we had the tv set to "movie" and once I changed to "normal" the screen was NORMAL.

Jazzyros

Thanks I had to hit settings when the movie was playing and switch it from Low power to movie.

0 Kudos
Thatrusoldja
Reel Rookie

I have the same issue 

0 Kudos

I've seen a few people post about their Roku TV's and this is what worked for me. I hit the settings button on the remote (*) then went to 'picture mode' and noticed somehow it was on 'low power mode' then switched it back to normal and everything was fine again. Hope this helps.

This doesn't help at all with mine since I'm not using a port, but using wifi. We already checked the wifi and it's fine. 

0 Kudos