Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Capkwirk
Reel Rookie

Re: Why do I have to unplug and replug my Roku premier each time I want to use it?

Interesting - I have been having this problem with three of the premier  boxes - very frustrated. The stick has been working just fine. I just went back to reset them when I turned them on they all worked fine. curious part - I had to press the power button on the Roku remote three times before any of the TVs would turn on. Perhaps Roku changed something? I have been fighting with this for months.

0 Kudos
JSP30

Re: Why do I have to unplug and replug my Roku premier each time I want to use it?

I was having this issue as well, but the comment about waking up the Roku helped. All I do now is hit the power button for the TV, then hit the ok button to wake up the Roku. Not an issue anymore, works every time.

Jax2

I have a Roku streaming stick 4k (3820) and cannot bring it out of sleep mode without unplugging and replacing the supplied power adapter.

i hit the remote’s power button several times and the little light on the Roku stick never turns on. So then my TV never sees the input as being active so can’t switch to that input.

When I unplug/plug in the power adapter, then the Roku turns on. Then the TV HDMI input4 lights up so I can select it and everything works.

Frustrating that I have to do this. Any thoughts? Thank you.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Jax2, that power button is only for the TV and has no effect on your Roku stick.  Try pressing Home or any other non-TV control button (i.e., not power, volume/mute) to see if it wakes up.  There's a new power saving option under Settings->System->Power that you can disable if you don't like the new behavior.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos

Reply to makaiguy. Your solution sounded just like my problem of having to replyg and the Roku would reboot. I have a Roku Ultra it only came with an HDMI connector. There is a USB port so maybe if I get a USB cord for it maybe that will work. Fingers crossed 🤞

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@beatlebuddie, what is your problem and what are you trying to do?  The USB port on an Ultra is for connecting a USB drive to access your own media and nothing else.  The Ultra doesn't get power via its USB port as many of the other Roku devices do.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
BobSmth49
Reel Rookie

I am having the exact same issue with the ROKU stick.  I just purchased the ROKU Streaming Stick 4K.  I have the power connect to the wall socket.  I've tried all 3 HDMI inputs on my Samsung TV, and keep getting the same results when I turn the TV back on after it's been off for awhile.  It tells me no cable connected.  If I then unplug and re-plug in the power cord it works.  This is the second Streaming Stick I've purchased.  I returned the first one thinking it was a defective stick, but both sticks do the exact same thing and both are the same model of stick. The serial number of the stick is X01700TESMCU.  I purchased the exact same stick for my Toshiba TV and it works just fine.  What gives. (the Samsung TV is a newer model then the Toshiba TV). 

0 Kudos
Streamer317
Roku Guru

Your Samsung TV probably has a power saving feature which is putting your Roku to sleep. Disable it. Also go into your Roku settings/ network and disable the bandwidth saver function 

0 Kudos
BobSmth49
Reel Rookie

I did what you recommended below, waited a few hours and when I turned it back on it did the exact same thing.

(your Samsung TV probably has a power saving feature which is putting your Roku to sleep. Disable it. Also go into your Roku settings/ network and disable the bandwidth saver function )

0 Kudos
Streamer317
Roku Guru

You did what? Exactly what did you do? If it’s only happening on your Samsung TV then it’s something to do with your Samsung TV and not the Roku

0 Kudos