Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Why do I have to unplug and replug my Roku premier each time I want to use it?

@Rocket_J_Squirr

Thanks for the post.

For troubleshooting purposes, have you tried to switch out the AC adapter to check if that is causing the issue you are seeing?

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, please send me a PM (private message) with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Rocket_J_Squirr
Channel Surfer

Re: Why do I have to unplug and replug my Roku premier each time I want to use it?

@RokuDanny-R wrote:

@Rocket_J_Squirr

Thanks for the post.

For troubleshooting purposes, have you tried to switch out the AC adapter to check if that is causing the issue you are seeing?

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, please send me a PM (private message) with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Yes, I found another AC adapter in my junk drawer and swapped that in. The Premiere seems to be behaving itself now.

0 Kudos
Chunka
Reel Rookie

Powered by wall adapter

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@Chunka 

Short answer is...You shouldn't have to.....

Since you didn't go into too much detail as to what is exactly happening...

If you have a reoccuring issue with these Roku devices (as with other electronic devices), sometimes things just corrupted and need a refresh.  Memory, processors, chipsets, software, etc.  

Best advice is to do a factory reset of the device. (Settings...System...Advanced System...Factory Reset)

This will restore device to original boxed condition.

Just make sure you have a working Roku or compatible Remote control before doing a Factory Reset in case anything goes wrong.  

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos

Did anyone find a soultion? I have had roku for over 5 years several different devices. This started the first day with the Roku Premiere I purchased last week. I have tried everyones advice without success.

Now I'm wishing I could go back to my Ultra HD but it unpaired from my remote and factory reset in it's own so now I can't set it up.

0 Kudos
hitmand
Reel Rookie

The two things that solved it for me were either

1. plugging it into the mains
  2. Or using a hdmi switch if still powering from the TV
0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@User_unknown2u, Ultras support IR remotes.  Cheap ones that support Roku can be found just about anywhere.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos

I have this same problem with my Roku Express 3900 started a year ago having to unplug it every time I wanted to use it. Now I can’t do update  for it because of this issue it can’t continue the update process having to cut the power to it. I have tried everything and on 3 TVS as well. And YES it is plugged into the wall not a USB port on tv. I am beyond frustrated with this. I got another Roku device this time the voice control stick works great no problems at all. I did put the express in my room so I could watch stuff while in bed but this having to unplug it sometimes more than once to get it to work is ridiculous. Has anyone found a fix for it yet? Does anyone have same issue with trying to get updates?

0 Kudos
DCchick

I power it from the wall and it's still happening. Also, I don't want to do anything extra but turn on the power button as before. Even using the remote to switch inputs every time I use it is a hassle. Do you have any other ideas?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@DCchick

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos