Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
StevenCee
Roku Guru

Re: Why Won't Roku Channel Stream as Well as Every Other Outlet?

Why is watching Roku on my computer so very impossible?? It works fine on my TV, but as soon as I try to do it on my computer, it buffers & buffers & buffers, making it really impossible to watch!

0 Kudos
StevenCee
Roku Guru

I'm still experiencing constant buffering, requiring me to keep refreshing the page. Plus, a new wrinkle, I recorded about 30 minutes of a show, via QuickTIme, and when I played it, after 10 minutes the screen just went black!  Still had audio, but a totally black window!  This doesn't happen with any other streaming I do on my computer, why only the Roku Channel?

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @StevenCee,

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you letting us know about the issue you've experienced with The Roku Channel. We would be more than happy to look into this issue, and we'll need more information. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version. (These can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs. (When you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID).
  • Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing.

Once we have this information, we will be able to investigate further.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
StevenCee
Roku Guru

@RokuTakashi   I'm sure I explained this happen on my computer, not my TV....  No problems with buffering on my TV, with a WiFi speed less than half as fast as my computer, which is why for videos to be jittery and stop as often as they do, makes zero sense!  But then there's plenty of other little glitches always going on with the website, like searching for a show I was just watching on my TV, and it's nowhere to be found!  Or that I find the channel, but it says something else is playing, but it's not!
So why do videos play just fine on YouTube, or other places, but on Roku, it's like I'm watching a series of photos,  all jittery, and sometimes just getting stuck in buffering mode. Why does it have to buffer, when my WiFi is twice what it is on my TV, which streams shows fine, for hours at a time?

Oh, and WHY am I seeing captioning when I have it selected to OFF??

0 Kudos