Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mang1
Binge Watcher

Re: When I turn on my Roku Express 4K+, the screen is stuck on the bouncing Roku Logo screen

I disconnected the Roku from the power source because it is not working

This is a faulty item and I would like to get a replacement under the 1-year warranty

Who would I contact at Roku to assist me?

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: When I turn on my Roku Express 4K+, the screen is stuck on the bouncing Roku Logo screen

@mang1 

If you bought it from a local retailer, and if you're still in the return window, return it there.

If you bought it from an online retailer, and if you're still in the return window, return it via that process.

Otherwise, use the Roku Returns page.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
MGSA
Channel Surfer

My Roku is only four months old and I’m having the same issue. I don’t see a solution. Where can I find a step by step guide to fix this problem?

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@MGSA 

1. Use the supplied power adapter rather than the TV USB power port.

2. Try using another power adapter and/or power cable. (cell phone USB charging adapter 5volt, 1amp, cell phone charging cable with micro USB on device end)

3. Plug directly into wall, eliminate surge protectors/power strips for testing.

4. Restart Roku device.  (unplug unit for a min or so).

5. Factory Reset your device. (press and hold Reset button or pinhole reset for 30+ seconds)

6. If still no go, device replacement likely needed.  If under one (1) year, then should qualify for warranty replacement. (https://support.roku.com/search/warranty)

----

Otherwise you can review Roku Support troubleshooting for device issues here. (https://support.roku.com/category/4403790058903)

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
mang1
Binge Watcher

I contacted roku support

they had me send back the defective unit to them (via fedex shipping), and then they sent me a new one a week after

0 Kudos
MGSA
Channel Surfer

Thanks for your reply. Do you have the email or phone # to roku support.? I called a phone # yesterday but the voice message said there is a possibility that they won't respond. Which is frustrating.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hi @MGSA

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

We would recommend starting with the troubleshooting steps provided by @AvsGunnar above. If none of it resolves the issue you're experiencing, try unplugging your router first, then boot up your Roku device. Once it's up, replug your router. Make sure to troubleshoot in this order, and then let us know if there's any difference afterward.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
MGSA
Channel Surfer

Thanks but I've done all those steps. At this point, I just need to know how to contact Roku and get a replacement. It seems like I'm going around in circles trying to find some kind of contact information to return the product and get a new one. I see in the community, some Roku reps have assisted other customers. I don't know how to contact them. Do I sit and wait until they see my messages? This is so frustrating.

0 Kudos
MGSA
Channel Surfer

Can you give me the contact information you used, so I can do the same.

0 Kudos
MGSA
Channel Surfer

My router and modem are the same unit. So do I still turn it off? If so, once the router/modem is off, how do I "boot up the Roku device'? 

0 Kudos