Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mang1
Binge Watcher

When I turn on my Roku Express 4K+, the screen is stuck on the bouncing Roku Logo screen

When I turn on my Roku Express 4K+, the screen is stuck on the bouncing Roku Logo screen. How do I fix?

0 Kudos
24 REPLIES 24
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: When I turn on my Roku Express 4K+, the screen is stuck on the bouncing Roku Logo screen

It never really turns off, so this leads me to believe you're not using the supplied power adapter and instead are using the TV's USB port.  If that's the case, try using the supplied power adapter.

The power button on the remote only affects the TV, not the Roku.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
mang1
Binge Watcher

Re: When I turn on my Roku Express 4K+, the screen is stuck on the bouncing Roku Logo screen

Thanks for the quick reply.

I am using the supplied power adapter that came with the roku package.

Maybe I should buy another power adapter?

0 Kudos
renojim

If you have one from a phone or tablet you could give it a try.  The fine print on the power adapter should say that it can supply at least 1A(mp).  More is better.

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
DBDukes

@mang1 wrote:

When I turn on my Roku Express 4K+, the screen is stuck on the bouncing Roku Logo screen....

@mang1 wrote:

... I am using the supplied power adapter that came with the roku package. ...

This is very unexpected behavior, as @renojim said. There is no switch, there is no Roku power button, so how are you turning it on? The Roku device, if using the power supply plugged into a wall outlet, will always be on. So what actions are you taking that you are thinking is "turning it on"? How are you turning it on, since, if connected as described, it's never off?

DBDukes
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
mang1
Binge Watcher

I’m not sure

when I turn on my tv and connect the roku, all I see is the bouncing logo

Then I click on the reset button on the roku, and the roku just turns off

is there a warranty that roku has?

I bought this in July 2021, so it hasn’t been 12 months of ownership

0 Kudos
mang1
Binge Watcher

Is there someone from Roku support who can help that I can contact?

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@mang1 wrote:

... when I turn on my tv and connect the roku, all I see is the bouncing logo ...

What do you mean by "connect the Roku?" It should always be connected. What are you doing that you are calling "connect the Roku?" Normally, all that needs be done is to turn the TV on and be on the HDMI port. Nothing more.

DBDukes

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
mang1
Binge Watcher

Right now my roku is disconnected from both the HDMI and power adapter.

When I "connect the roku", I mean that I just hook it up back to the HDMI and power adapter.

The power adapter is the USB connection to the power supply to the wall outlet.

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@mang1 

I'm obviously missing some information. Why are you disconnecting the Roku device from the TV? You say an issue occurs when you connect the device, but why did you disconnect to begin with. There had to be a reason, and that is probably the key to this whole thing. So, what was happening for you to disconnect to begin with.

If my question isn't clear, here's how I'm seeing the sequence of events:

1. Something happened, not yet explained, and you decided that disconnecting was the thing to do.
  2. You connected the Roku, and now the bouncing logo (your first post).

You're asking about the bouncing logo (that's the title of this thread) but not about whatever led to the disconnection to start with. That missing number 1 is the key, I suspect. So some more background may be in order.

DBDukes

0 Kudos