Solving playback issues

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HOBACK
Level 7

Update Error 008 solution

Jump to solution

My TV model is S535, and ERROR-008 will appear if it cannot be upgraded through the network. It cannot be upgraded via USB.

Now that I have successfully upgraded to the latest system, I will share with you my method.

1.  https://tvupdate.roku.com   download the system installation package corresponding to your TV model from the website and copy to U Disk

2. On the side of the TV, there is a small "reset" button, press and hold for 20 seconds, the TV will enter the recovery mode (at this time the TV looks like it is broken, but you can actually see all the codes you need)

3. Follow the instructions on the website where you downloaded the firmware to upgrade the TV

gilthethrill
Level 7

Re: What to do when there’s an error 008

Jump to solution

After searching everywhere to find an answer to this unsuccessfully and trying everything I could find, I finally had success.   My tv is an onn. 75" and was giving me error code 008 right out of the box.

The fix: I did a manually reset by pushing and holding in the reset pin on the back of the TV while the TV was on.  On this model it is located by the HDMI inputs.  The TV resets and then restarts in recovery mode.  I was then able to connect and update the firmware.  The TV restarts and is ready to go.

UPDATE:  Or apparently the post above me outlined all of this lol

JP0
Level 7

Jump to solution

Please help me fix mine

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@JP0

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?
With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Joshuastarr
Level 7

Jump to solution

I need help, same issue, usb and wireless updates both fail after a factory reset

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @Joshuastarr,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

I'd be happy to take a closer look to see how we can help. Can you please provide us with more specific information about the issue you are experiencing? Are you being prompted with an error message? What Roku model device are you using?

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
Needhelpasap
Level 7

Re: What dose “Error 008” really mean?

Jump to solution

Hi, how did you fix this the same exact thing keeps happening to me and I don’t know what to do.. thanks

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @Needhelpasap,

Thanks for reaching out. 

Let us assist you. Could you provide more details about the issue you are experiencing? When did you get this error message? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing?
Keep us posted with the details so we can best assist you. 

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
Needhelpasap
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hi. I have tried updating my tv and it would only get to 2% and then say that it couldn’t update and show error 008. I have called the Onn. Support team and they tried to help by telling me to factory reset the tv. That didn’t help and now I can’t even do anything on the tv because it needs an update. The Onn. Support team told me to try and get in contact with Roku through a phone number which I have tried but no one answers and I have left messages and no one call me back. 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @Needhelpasap,

Thanks for following up.

We want to look closely to see if there's anything else we can suggest to help. Have you tried restarting the Roku device and your router to see if you are experiencing the same issue? I'd also recommend trying to connect your device to an alternate network, such as a mobile hotspot.

If this issue is not resolved, please let us know along with any additional information you may have that would be helpful for our team looks into this problem. Kindly include the serial number of your Roku device so we can assist further.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos