Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HOBACK
Reel Rookie

Update Error 008 solution

Jump to solution

My TV model is S535, and ERROR-008 will appear if it cannot be upgraded through the network. It cannot be upgraded via USB.

Now that I have successfully upgraded to the latest system, I will share with you my method.

1.  https://tvupdate.roku.com   download the system installation package corresponding to your TV model from the website and copy to U Disk

2. On the side of the TV, there is a small "reset" button, press and hold for 20 seconds, the TV will enter the recovery mode (at this time the TV looks like it is broken, but you can actually see all the codes you need)

3. Follow the instructions on the website where you downloaded the firmware to upgrade the TV

Re: What to do when there’s an error 008

Jump to solution

After searching everywhere to find an answer to this unsuccessfully and trying everything I could find, I finally had success.   My tv is an onn. 75" and was giving me error code 008 right out of the box.

The fix: I did a manually reset by pushing and holding in the reset pin on the back of the TV while the TV was on.  On this model it is located by the HDMI inputs.  The TV resets and then restarts in recovery mode.  I was then able to connect and update the firmware.  The TV restarts and is ready to go.

UPDATE:  Or apparently the post above me outlined all of this lol

JP0

Jump to solution

Please help me fix mine

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@JP0

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?
With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos