Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Amk1970
Channel Surfer

What to do when i have no picture, but i have sound

My onn roku tv is only 7 months old. It was working fine. Now the picture went off bu i still have sound. How can i resolve this?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
AbnTee
Reel Rookie

Re: What to do when i have no picture, but i have sound

i’m having the same issue I bought the Roku projector RCA I know we had it for a little over a week. everything works but the sound I’ve tried everything from factory reset to resetting the system to unplugging it. for the past two hours I’ve been dealing with this  I’ll probably had sound for a few seconds before it went silent again for good. Do I need to buy another stick? Everything works but the sound randomly as I was watching it 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Amk1970,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

If you are having an issue with your Roku TV screen going black but can still hear the audio, customers have reported that unplugging your device for 5-10 minutes then plugging the Roku TV back resolves the issue.

Please try doing this and see if it helps with what you're experiencing.

Thanks,
Mary

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

We appreciate your post @AbnTee.

Have you tried contacting RCA support yet to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV/projector manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS.

You can reach them here: 

https://www.rca.com/support-products
https://www.rca.com/us_en/television-4-us-en/customer-support-396-us-en
1-800-968-9853

Thanks,
Mary

0 Kudos
Mikey7254

Unplug for 10 seconds.  It should reset 

0 Kudos