Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Prtyeyes
Channel Surfer

Watching Newsmax live crashes Roku TV

Whenever watching NewsMax live for a certain period of time it crashes to homescreen. Anyone else experience this on a TCL Roku Streaming TV?

24 REPLIES 24
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Watching Newsmax live crashes

Hey @Prtyeyes 

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

Does the issue only occur on NewsMax or across other channels installed on your Roku device?

If you haven't tried yet, you can remove the affected channel and then re-install it. To ensure the process is successful, restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Let us know how it goes.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
skaybird

Re: Watching Newsmax live crashes Roku TV

Newsmax live news broadcasts freeze everytime we try to view. Either on our TCL Roku installed, or the Sceptre with a Roku device. Other channels are fine! 

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @skaybird,

Congrats on your first post in the Roku Community!

Thanks for letting us know about the behavior you're seeing when streaming the Newsmax channel and we're sorry if you are having this issue.

We recommend performing the below steps and see if you can resolve the issue:

1. Remove the channel from the Roku device
  2. Restart your device from Settings>System>Power>System restart (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step).
  3. Re-add the channel back to the Roku device

If the issue persists, please refer to the support article here for additional troubleshooting steps: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
Jim18411

I am having the same issue. Newsmax will be gone for approximately five minutes before it crashes. I have deleted the Newsmax app and reinstalled it. However, that did not help

timevans18
Reel Rookie

yes. it keeps happening to me  .......

timevans18
Reel Rookie

I did this twice and it still crashes. Is this the Roku way of censoring newsmax ?????

DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@timevans18 wrote:

...Is this the Roku way of censoring newsmax ?????

No.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

@Jim18411 @timevans18 

Thanks for the post.

If the issue persists from one channel after attempting the suggestions above, videos from other channels play fine, contact the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help. Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developer themselves. In this case, there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from the channel developer.

We appreciate your understanding. 

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
HPL7

Yes and always on Monday!!!