Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BrockRK
Reel Rookie

Re: Volume of ads is unreasonably high

Roku 3 exhibits same problem.

NO Volume Leveling feature available.

Only solution is to Mute all Ads.

Advertisers are probably “Happy” to know that all your viewers Mute their Ads to remain sane…. (NOT)

Roku, Please Level the Ads at the head end or provide leveling feature to ALL Roku devices.

Thanks!

Brock

I actually just had a tv speaker blow up because of this!   There is no reason for Roku to have the volume set this way.   

Dmc0221

I finally got mine to work. While watching a show click * and set the sound mode to normal. Then go and click on the sound leveler. 

0 Kudos
Bevp1

Totally agree

Jelge
Channel Surfer

Loud ads are making Christmas Plus unbearable for us to watch. It is a shame because there are some really good movies on that channel. We can barley hear the movie but the ads nearly drive us from the room. The streaming services like Roku really need to push the channels to fix issues like this. 

RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hello @Jelge

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

Can you please provide us with more specific information about the issue you are experiencing? Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or all channels on your Roku device? May we ask what troubleshooting steps have been taken?

We suggest also checking this page for tips and troubleshooting steps for this type of issue: How to use volume modes on your Roku streaming device

Keep us posted.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
Jelge
Channel Surfer

We have a TCL Roku tv and a Roku Express 4K+. Streaming westerns today on the TCL and the ads are about the same volume as the movie. I have tried the different sound modes on both devices as well as verified the having the latest versions.  The Express has a sound leveling setting which has helped but I haven’t found anything like it on the TCL. We have 2 toddlers in the house so having stable volume is important to us. 

The TCL and the Express both have playability issues as well but those are topics for other threads. (TCL randomly goes to “home” screen and acts like it has no internet connection and the Express will not play Netflix for more than a few seconds before locking up). 

BrockRK
Reel Rookie

Thanks Everyone !

I did manage to find a setting to control the volume levels.

On my Sony TV...

Advanced Audio Volume : Normal

That setting compensates for unequal volumes in content.

Seems to be working for me.

Thank you for all of the responses !

0 Kudos

I have looked through every possible setting everywhere and I do not have volume leveling, this really is a problem when watching a movie on Roku.