Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kahoolie
Reel Rookie

Re: Volume of ads is unreasonably high

OK, the issue is that we were using the audio headphone output to provide audio to our speakers and this tv does not allow Leveling or Night modes if the audio headphone jack is used.  We’ll have to buy an optical or hdmi sound bar (I hope those work with Leveling and Night mode). 

TL_S

Didn't work for me. I have Sound 'Mode' vs 'Settings' but the rest was as you described. (Except again, no effect).  

Hector-Roku
Retired Moderator

Hi TL_S, thank you for reaching out to The Roku Community about this! It looks like you're having a problem with loud ads on your Roku device. To clarify, you have tried to select the sound mode "audio leveling" and you're still experiencing loud commercials? Please let us know and we'll be happy to dig into this further. 

0 Kudos
allen4600
Binge Watcher

Same here.  This is absolutely ridiculous.  Broadcast TV has a law that governs this.  Is Roku exempt because they are a streaming service?!

allen4600
Binge Watcher

Roku employee, Mary-F.  It’s all channels. Fix this!  It’s obviously a problem as there are multiple complaints.

allen4600
Binge Watcher

This doesn’t work.  Those settings don’t exist.

That is not an option for Hisense Roku TVs. The fact thousands of people are having this problem suggests Roku needs to do a recall. Simply watching tv at volume 25 almost blows my speakers out when ads come on. Minimum 20% louder than the show. 

HamboneBill
Channel Surfer

Same problem here. If not promptly fixed, will trash the Roku TV and never buy again.

allen4600
Binge Watcher

Agreed!

HamboneBill
Channel Surfer

Searched some older forum posts and saw this same problem being mentioned several years ago. Roku "support" is useless.