Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rconn055
Reel Rookie

Video playback in odd colors when streaming

I am experiencing this problem on all channels (netflix, youtube, antenna tv etc.). How can I fix it?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Video playback in odd colors when streaming

Hi @rconn055

Thanks for the post.

We do not have enough details from your original message to make an effective suggestion. Could you tell us more about your concern? What are the troubleshooting steps you have tried?

With more information, we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
rconn055
Reel Rookie

Copied from the original topic: I started playing the episode in the streaming app I was going to use and the colors were off. It looks as though the contrast is off, and all of the "whites" and brighter colors in the picture, are dark. Almost as though the colors were inverted.

The picture is fine for every other aspect of the tv. The menus, pictures, color, and everything is fine in not only the Roku menu but the apps I stream from as well. It's only the playback for what I'm trying to stream.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

@rconn055

Thanks for the reply.

Are you also experiencing the issue on the Roku home screen? What's the model number of your Roku device? This can be found in the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > About. I'll be able to further assist you from there.

Keep us posted!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos