Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Solar_K
Reel Rookie

Re: Video freezes but sound continues.

Been having the same problem for several months.  At the latest woftware release for the Roku Express 4K+.  Can only fix by rebooting the unit. 

0 Kudos

@RokuDanny-R:

This also happens on my device, and occurs every few days.  It happens on a range of different channels, not a single channel.

Model:  3820X - Streaming Stick 4K
Serial #: X017001WWRD2
Software version: 11.5.0 - Build 4312-CU
Device ID: S08Y425WWRD2

I don't have a tracker id, as I did not preserve that from the last time it happened (about 4 days ago), but will do so the next time.  I am not aware of any specific steps that cause this to happen, but will pay attention next time if there's anything specific (aside from being in the middle of watching) that seems to trigger this.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Assuming this is occurring on Roku DEVICES rather than Roku TVs...

Has anybody with this problem tried disabling the Auto-adjust display refresh rate setting?  If your Roku has this setting, it is found here:
Settings > System > Select Advanced system settings > Advanced display settings

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos