Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
time2lose
Binge Watcher

Re: Unable to play anything from Disney+

How about some help?

@RokuAustin 

@RokuKariza-D 

@RokuDanny-R 

0 Kudos
time2lose
Binge Watcher

Disappointed by complete lack of support

So... Now we are sitting at about one week with basically no channels.

Support? Nowhere to be found.

But why would Roku care? They already have our money, so they win and we lose.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@time2lose

Thanks for the post.

It looks like the issue you are experiencing is much different than those that are in this thread.

You can find more information about that error code here: https://help.netflix.com/en/node/59985

For more information about that specific error code, you will need to contact the channel provider for further assistance.

In addition, have you already tried rebooting your wireless network to see if that helps the issue you are experiencing?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
time2lose
Binge Watcher

Hi @RokuDanny-R 

I tried the steps suggested by Netflix in the resource provided prior to posting. No change.

The affected services/channels were all working prior to January 1 and they've failed to work since. I can't see what else may be happening here.

Even the Roku channel has problems playing any VOD content.

The Roku is connected to a wired network, which is fine. I can stream at least two affected services using their respective Android apps. The Roku connectivity checker tests fine. Netflix reports success on its network testing tool and ~100 Mbps each time it's run. The network is fine.

I work in the IT field and this seems a bit like something expired around Jan 1 at midnight and nobody noticed. Expired DRM token or certificate or some such?

Regardless, having several channels break all at once seems pretty unusual. Especially when some errors suggest a licensing (DRM) problem. I'm also not the only one affected.

0 Kudos
Briwood
Reel Rookie

I'm having a very similar issue. I have two tv's with roku sticks and neither will connect to Netflix.  I get error code ui-800-3.  But, on the same tv's,  I can launch the Netflix app that resides on the smart tv with no issue. This is definitely a roku issue.

0 Kudos
Briwood
Reel Rookie

For my particular issue, I just resolved it by removing the Netflix app and reinstall. Had to log back in and have no issues. 

0 Kudos
time2lose
Binge Watcher

I tried removing Netflix and Disney+ already, then rebooted and reinstalled. Same issue.

However, I will say this. I may have somewhat resolved the issue. I switched from Wired to Wireless in the Roku network config, then back to Wired and all the channels I use except CBS and P+ are working again.

Strange. No other changes were made and I had previously performed network connection resets on the Roku.

0 Kudos
Tmiller07

Re: Unable to play anything from Disney Plus

I am also getting an error 42 when trying to open Disney Plus on all my TVs with Roku. I have removed the channel, restarted the Roku and still get the issue. Very frustrating . Any advise would be great 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hi @Tmiller07

Thanks for reaching out!

Please provide us the following information for further investigation:

• Roku device model, Serial number, Device ID, Software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
  • Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have the information needed, we'll be able to forward it to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Guitarmandf
Reel Rookie

Re: Unable to play content from Disney Plus, Paramount Plus, Netflix, CBS, ESPN, etc.

I've had the same issue twice now, within a month. Pay services like Netflix, Amazon Prime, and Hulu would just say something like "unable to play this title". Other channels like FriendlyTV or Blippi would work fine. I have the Roku Streaming Stick 4K. The first time, I called support and the only thing that worked was doing a factory reset. Go to Settings/ System/ Advanced System Settings/ Factory Reset. It happened again today. I'm wondering if I should exchange it while it's still under warranty.

0 Kudos