Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
time2lose
Binge Watcher

Unable to play content from Disney Plus, Paramount Plus, Netflix, CBS, ESPN, etc.

Hello,

As the title states all content on Disney+ throws an error:

Protected content license error

[Edit 01/04/2022: Continuing problems with other listed channels. List is not inclusive of all channels.]

-Roku device model: 4660X Roku Ultra
-serial number: YJ00EC065097
-device ID: CK489E065097
-software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About): 10.5.0 build 4208-46
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button): Disney Plus Version 1.17 build 2021120900
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times): 97-001-176
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing: Open Disney Plus. Find content. Attempt to Play.

0 Kudos
21 REPLIES 21
time2lose
Binge Watcher

Re: Unable to play anything from Disney+

As a follow-up I have both performed a Network Connection Reset and removed and reinstalled the Disney+ channel/app. No change.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hey @time2lose

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Did you restart your Roku device before re-installing the channel? That step is crucial when performing the troubleshooting. If you haven't tried the suggested order (remove > restart > re-install), we would recommend giving it a shot once again.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Please keep us posted.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
time2lose
Binge Watcher

Hi Kariza,

I hadn't tried the remove, restart, reinstall steps until just now. Unfortunately the result is the same error.

Network logs show the Roku reaching out to Disney's servers as the error appears.

Examples:

vod-akc-na-west-2.media.dssott.com

vod-ftc-na-west-2.media.dssott.com

Thank you for the suggestion and any other assistance!

0 Kudos
time2lose
Binge Watcher

Another update.

Disney+ still has issues and Netflix is now refusing to play any content:

"We're having trouble playing this title right now. Please try again later or select a different title."

"tvq-pb-101" is displayed in the lower-right.

Both Disney+ and Netflix stream fine to a smartphone device on the same network.

Didn't know this was an issue until today. We watch Netflix occasionally so this is another unwelcome bit of news.

Netflix version 5.0 build 98079428

0 Kudos
Tammy71
Reel Rookie

I am having the same issues....with several channels. I have turned off and back on. I have logged out of channels themselves and my Roku account and back in. I have reset Roku. No change. Not sure what's going on

0 Kudos
time2lose
Binge Watcher

Tammy is correct. More channels have stopped working.

Even the Roku Channel won't play anything but live TV... Error:

Cannot access program '<ProgramName>' is not available or has expired.

@RokuKariza-D Any chance for an update? This is getting frustrating after facing this issue for multiple days.

What's more, the Roku player locks up (becomes unresponsive) and eventually will automatically reboot after attempting to stream any content from ESPN.

Also, the remote listening via Roku remote function causes they Roku player to reboot constantly while headphones are connected.

0 Kudos
Tammy71
Reel Rookie

Almost all of my channels aren't working....Netflix, Hulu, Paramount+, Disney....I have reset, rebooted, signed out, signed in, unplugged, checked connection....everything is good. Always an error after maybe 1 minute of initial commercial. No code...just playback error. Going on Day 3 here. 

0 Kudos
time2lose
Binge Watcher

Thanks for the update, Tammy.

I've been only able to stream media via the Plex app. Also NBC works. That's it.

If this is how support is going to be with Roku products I'll be forced to bite the bullet and switch to Apple TV 4K. Been a Roku customer since 2011. This is my fourth box. Not buying another.

0 Kudos
Tammy71
Reel Rookie

I'm finding it very frustrating that this is clearly happening to more than just you and I and yet there is no way to get an answer or solution from Roku. Very frustrating indeed. 

0 Kudos