Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BrooklynJack
Reel Rookie

Unable to control playback once program is started

Jump to solution

I have 4 active Roku devices. The 2 oldest, 2015 and 2017, have started to have playback issues. The 2 newer devices work fine. On the 2 older once I begin watching a program it is not possible to fast forward, rewind or pause. If it does happen to respond to a command it is not possible to either stop the rewind or fast forward or resume after pausing. This has just started recently. Do I need to just throw them away and buy a new device?

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Unable to control playback once program is started

Jump to solution

That sounds like a remote control issue.  The first thing to check is the batteries.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
BrooklynJack
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Even though I had replaced the batteries in both my 3500X devices I have learned never to ignore any advice given, regardless of how wrong you might think it is.

It seems I must have a package of bad batteries. Opened a new package and problem is gone.

Thanks a lot. Cheers.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
renojim

Jump to solution

That sounds like a remote control issue.  The first thing to check is the batteries.

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
makaiguy

Jump to solution

Also, the model numbers of the affected devices may be helpful.  You can check via Settings / System / About.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
BrooklynJack
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Even though I had replaced the batteries in both my 3500X devices I have learned never to ignore any advice given, regardless of how wrong you might think it is.

It seems I must have a package of bad batteries. Opened a new package and problem is gone.

Thanks a lot. Cheers.