Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pp12
Reel Rookie

Tubi and youtube dissappear midstream

Youtube and tubi just dissappear in the middle of show. Irritating.  I don't have the foggiest. We only have one account  and I'm the only clicking the remote.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Pp12
Reel Rookie

Re: Tubi and youtube dissappear midstream

Now britbox closes after 10 minutes

0 Kudos
Michelle3
Roku Guru

You probably own an outdated Roku model.  Any Roku models released before 2014 are no longer supported and are considered Legacy Products.  It is probably time to upgrade to a newer model; I’d recommend the Roku Ultra 4K.

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@Pp12 wrote:

Youtube and tubi just dissappear in the middle of show. Irritating.  I don't have the foggiest. We only have one account  and I'm the only clicking the remote.

What do you mean "just disappear?" Are you saying the apps remove from your device? Or are you saying that the apps simply close? No freezing of content? No audio dropout? No accompanying beep? Simply the home screen suddenly displays?

Remember, we're not there with you and can't see or hear what's happening. We're dependent upon you describing what's going on.

It may also be helpful to provide your Roku model number and OS version: Settings > System > About

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@Pp12-

If you are powering your Roku by plugging into the USB port on the TV, try powering from house power via the USB power adapter that came with the Roku.

The USB ports on many televisions only supply 0.5 amp or less, which is not enough to power a Roku reliably. It may appear to start up okay, but when it runs into something that requires more power than the tv's USB port can provide, something's got to give. Frequently this results in shutting down the stream you are viewing and exiting back to the Roku home screen.

If you don't have a Roku adapter handy, any other you have from another device should work as long as the fine print on it says it outputs at least 1 amp.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X