Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ErictheK

Text Twist app fails to load

After working just fine for the past year (and as recently as yesterday), this morning Text Twist failed to load. It starts off with the "Text Twist® loading..." screen for about 30 seconds, then starts to switch screens but immediately returns to the Roku home page.  Anybody know what's going on?  Might this be related to the Roku OS 11 rollout?

For the record, I've got a Roku Ultra 4800X that's about a year and a half old (bought new). Software version is 11.0.0 build 4193-C2.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, flushing the cache and restarting the system to no avail.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Text Twist app fails to load

@ErictheK-

After removing a channel, best practice is to clear the Roku's memory by restarting it before reinstalling the channel.   Without the restart you may not get a clean reinstall.

So the process is:

• Remove the channel
  • Restart the Roku
  • Reinstall the channel

You'll find the System restart option under Settings > System > Power on some models, or if not there under Settings > System ... or just unplug from its power source for a few seconds then plug back in.

(Note: if you have a Roku TV with "Fast start" enabled, turning the tv off and back on just puts the TV into and out of a standby state and does NOT give you a complete restart - use the instructiinstructions).

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos