cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lmsmithrku
Channel Surfer

Re: TV volume changes on its own with Roku ultra and 4K streaming sticks

Jump to solution

Mine continues to do this as well.  I noticed this week that when I was replaying a dvr recorded program, the volume spike would occur at the same point in the program that it first happened.  I had exited youtube to try and correct the excess volume and distortion and re-entered the program slightly ahead of where I left.  When it hit the same spot as the original volume spike, it recreated the problem.

RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @lmsmithrku

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

We would like to gather more details to notify our support team to look into this further. Can you please provide us with:      

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • What is your Remote firmware? This can be found in settings > Remotes & devices > Remotes > [select remote] > About

Once we have the information needed, we'll be able to forward it to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
QueueUnderflow
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@RokuKarla This just occurred for me. I was watching YouTube TV and suddenly the volume dropped so low it was inaudible (TV volume did not change however). Here is my information:

Model: 3810X - Roku Streaming Stick+
Serial number: YH0079202821 (C137A7202821)
Software version: 11.5.0 - build 4312-50
Timestamp: 2023-04-01T03:36:33Z
Issue ID: 21-129-816
Remote firmware: rtn.4190

Jaymz

Jump to solution

Should send your patches back to QA.  The bug still exists.. 

How to recreate the problem. 

step 1.   Watch TV for a period of time (I use Sling, but experience the issue in other streaming apps) 
step 2.  Keep watching TV and wait for the volume levels to go either very low, or very high

If you wait long enough, the audio will return to normal levels.    Sometimes the audio goes completely muted, in which the workaround is restarting the Roku.  

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @QueueUnderflow,

Thanks for keeping in touch and providing the additional information.

Rest assured that we'll send this over to the Roku team for further investigation. We'll get back to you once an update is available I'll be sure to let the Community know.

We're hoping to get everything sorted out soon and appreciate you bearing with us in the meantime.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
Markix
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Having the same problem on 3 Roku sticks.  Even bought two new ones snd tried them with the same problem.  Something is wrong.  May switch to another streaming device.  Roku is not fixing this issues 

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Markix,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We apologized for any inconvenience this has caused. We would like to know what went wrong so we can assist you further and fix the issue but will need more details. Can you please provide us with the following information:

1. What kind of issue are you experiencing
  2. Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or all channels on your Roku device?
  3. When did this issue first start occurring?
  4. What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue?

We look forward to hearing from you and looking closely into this issue. Thank you!

Best regards,
Mary

Barkydoo
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi Karla . I don't feel comfortable posting that much information I also don't feel comfortable about a phone call or email. It started when I bought the latest roku device. most modern version about 6 months ago give or take .it's the one that has a half moon do hicky with some velcro to fix it in place hooked to the wires that plug into the hdmi port on my television.  It is possible that my old sound bar is incompatible with the hardware update.  I haven't spent the cash to find out. I noticed the voice feature is missing from this model. My old roku remote had a button that allowed for a voice command feature. If this thing has that then it's probably beyond my technical ability to activate it unless of course it isn't in which case do tell.😁

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Barkydoo,

Saw your post.

We appreciate you informing us about the issue you are experiencing. We will do our best to assist you further and provide a resolution. 

Please feel free to post the information in a reply or if you feel more comfortable, you can send the information in a PM.

We look forward to hearing from you and assisting you with your needs. Thank you!

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
Williewill007
Reel Rookie

Voice remote volume buttons seem to be uncontrollable when pressed

Jump to solution

I did not have any issues in the beginning with the voice remote model. My recurring issue is the volume buttons (up, down).

They both seem to speed pace to a much higher or a much lower volume level when these buttons are very slightly pressed down.

I thought maybe the volume buttons were sticking so I rubbed them with alcohol. No resolution.

I tried replacing with new batteries but unsuccessful.

Re-pairing the remote control to the roku device do not work as well.

My last attempt did not solve the problem as well that I unabled, abled the ir and also the cec functions on my TV.

I have tried all these steps for this remote control that I have this issue with in my living room. 

I have another roku system that is the same model as the living room. I have not had any issues with that system. 

While implementing these steps to resolve the volume buttons, please note that I was in my living room very far away from the the other room with the second roku system in it. Plus the living room and my internet connection are both in here.

Please advise. Thank you in advance.