Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: TV volume changes on its own with Roku ultra and 4K streaming sticks

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thanks for the posts regarding your Roku device changing the audio randomly during playback.

Please be aware that I have passed along your concerns and information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. Once more information is available, I'll be sure to update this Community thread. If you yet to provide the requested information in my previous post above, I would ask that you reply so we can investigate further.

Your patience and understanding in the meantime is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thanks for your patience while we investigated the issue you are reporting regarding the volume changing on your Roku device.

The appropriate Roku team investigating the issue needs further clarification whether or not volume numbers show up and adjust when this is happening, or is this happening in the background with no volume numbers being displayed?

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to continue looking into.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
PaulinOhio
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Mine shows the volume number when I ramps up. It has not been doing it as much lately though.

lmsmithrku
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Mine would not display anything other than the content I was watching.  It would just suddenly downshift to about half volume.  A few times it upshifted to a higher level with distortion.  Neither the tv volume indicator nor the Roku headset volume indicator showed.  It has been better over the last couple of weeks, with very few events.  For a while there, it was every day and often a couple of times a day.

RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @lmsmithrku

Thanks for your post. 

We can see that you have not yet provided the requested information in our previous post above, I would ask that you reply so we can investigate further.

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
  • do you have any external audio products connected in your setup (AVR, soundbar, etc)

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to look into further. 

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thanks for your patience while we investigated the issue you are experiencing with TV volume changes when playing content.

Please be aware that we believe this issue has been resolved and are rolling out the fix to affected devices.

Your patience and understanding in the meantime is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Sunny54
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

March 14, 2023

HELP!!!

The Issue of volume changing itself to maximum then back to zero volume randomly and repeatedly seemed to be resolved for a few weeks, but today it has returned!!!!!

As I has reported before, this happens on Roku devices purchased December 2022.  None of my older Roku devices have exhibited this problem. 

Why is this device NOT ELIGIBLE for AGENT SUPPORT!?!?!?

fp5849
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

We have the SAME problem, JUST as described.

This is occurring on two different TVs, one as Samsung 24" and the other a Vizio 24".

Has a solution been identified yet?

fp5849
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Uncontrolled Audio Levels changes on several different channels and at Random times.

Devices effected:

Roku Streaming Stick+, Model 3810X, SN: 213177304720

Roku Streaming Stick+, Model 3810X, SN: 21313A573989

VIZIO TV Model: D24f-J09 and Samsung TV Model: T24E310ND

Both Roku Sticks have be tried on both TVs, with the same uncontrolled audio level problems occurring with all combinations.

0 Kudos
QueueUnderflow
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R Can you tell us the Roku software version and build that this was resolved in?

0 Kudos