cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bonsler
Binge Watcher

Re: TV volume changes on its own with Roku ultra and 4K streaming sticks

Jump to solution

System is up to date but the problem has persisted.

0 Kudos
Sunny54
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

This issue has not resolved even after updating 😡

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Sunny54

Thanks for your post. 

We apologize for the inconvenience this caused. We'd like to look into this further so we can further assist you. Could you provide the requested information posted by @RokuKarla

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
G-Man1
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku Ultra continually losing audio randomly

Jump to solution

I have posted all the requested information numerous times. I do have a sound bar on one, but not on the other four. Sometimes it goes blaring, sometimes it goes to just barely audible. Do you have all the information of the Roku’s that I have. Relevant, if the time of day is irrelevant, the weather is irrelevant as it happens anytime anywhere! I have posted numerous tracker id’s

0 Kudos
Kewkew
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Ive been having this same issue for months. I was using a Roku premiere plugged into a Vizio tv. Honestly we thought it was the tv’s issue, so we got a new LG tv and are still having the same issue. The volume will randomly get very loud and eventually go back. Very annoying. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Greetings @Kewkew 

Welcome to the Roku Community and thanks for posting regarding audio playback on your Roku device.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? Does this issue occur on a specific channel or does it happen across all channels? What are the steps to reproduce the issue? Have you already tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue? Does this issue occur in the middle of content playback or during commercials?

Please keep us posted with the details and we will be more than happy to look further into the issue for you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Kewkew
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi, it happens incredibly randomly – on any channel, at any time. There doesn't appear to be any rhyme or reason. I plan to replace my HDMI cord soon to see if that makes any difference. But since so many people are having the same issue, I suspect it might not be that. 

0 Kudos
mosaben

Jump to solution

Having the same issue where Roku drops volume to a whisper randomly.  We have found that hitting backspace button and pulling up a different channel restores proper volume.  The we have to change back to our original channel.

we have several Roku ultra’s and this unit on the main floor has done it 10 times or more in the past couple weeks.

sony Bravia tv, Sony amp ARC connected.  Note:  this has worked for years until the recent audio dropping randomly.  Streaming source is almost always youtubeTV and several different channels.

rebooted Roku via bower cord.  Cleared Roku cache.  Nothing helps; over time the volume just drops super low (with no one touching the remote).

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community regarding audio playback on your Roku Ultra device.

We would be more than happy to investigate this issue, but we will need more detials. Can you please provide us the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 
  • do you have any external audio products connected in your setup (AVR, soundbar, etc)

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to look into further. We look forward to hearing back with your responses.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JRJ
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku Ultra continually losing audio randomly (up or down)

Jump to solution
Roku Volume Issue      
     Software  
TVLocationModelSerial #Tracker IDVersionBuildTime
HitachiBasement3800XCT392173437474-069-99611.5.04312-552/18/2023
    74-077-32611.5.04312-552/23/2023

LGKitchen3810X21507F08368282-064-82611.5.04312-502/15/2023
    82-074-60411.5.04312-502/21/2023
    82-071-47911.5.04312-502/19/2023

SamsungBedroom3810X21313F973200 11.5.04312-50 

TCL Roku TVStudy No Problem noticed   

0 Kudos