Channel Surfer

Re: TV volume changes on its own with Roku ultra and 4K streaming sticks

Jump to solution

Mod 3920-x Roku premier

sn yh008j167437 (k42888167437)

v 11.5.0 build4312-91

time 2023-02-08t17:33:26z

id 37-055-773

This is happening more frequently as time goes by. Last time it wens almost silent, this time it was blaring. Please let me know someone is seeing these posts from us and they are being worked on. 

theMezz
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I have a very old Roku Box and the same volume problem happens to me

Its hot even usable anymore

just ordered an ultra new roku box - hope the problem is fixed

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thanks for the posts.

Please be aware that there was a recent update that may have resolved the issue you are experiencing. If you are still experiencing this issue at this time, please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JRJ
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I also have 3 Roku streaming devices of 3 different tv's.  I have posted about this issue in the last month.  Once volume goes up, only solution is to advance to next channel and then go back to original channel (which somehow resets volume).  Attached is information you requested.  Will also get Tracker ID when issues reoccurs on other tv's.

Roku Volume Issue      

TVLocationModelSerial #Tracker ID   
HitachiBasement3800RCT3921734374  Volume issue
LGKitchen3810X21507F08368282-064-826 Volume issue
SamsungBedroom3810X21313F973200  Volume issue
TCL Roku TVStudy      

Software version:  11.5.0 Build:  4312-50  No Problem noticed

0 Kudos
Bonsler
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Like everyone else, we deleted and reinstalled the Roku app to no avail. We use the Xfinity app to stream Comcast via Roku on our Tvs. I researched this further on Xfinity's blogs and numerous people are experiencing the volume change on their Xfinity streaming app on Roku.  Xfinity (Comcast) is supposedly aware of the problem and recently updated their stream version to 6.10 to correct it but people are still experiencing the same problem. It appears that the Xfinity streaming app on Roku is the culprit for this problem. Hopefully Xfinity figures out how to fix the spontaneous volume change soon. 

Sunny54
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

As of 2/16/23

Issue of volume going up and down on its own is still occurring!

It stopped for awhile but then returned. It occurs on all channels/ networks.

It is 3941 ROKU 4 K + EXPRESS. 

lmsmithrku
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Mine started this about a month back.  I can change channels and go back and it will correct.  The steps to reproduce the problem is to watch tv.  Nothing else.  It may be happening only on youtube tv, as that is what we generally have up.  Software is up to date.

0 Kudos
Mountaineer1
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

the voulume increases on mine without touching anything.  I will try to get the error message; but it blares so loud, that the immediate response is to manually lower the volume.  I have a Roku TV and 2 Roku sticks.  It only happens on the one, but happens on different channels.  I thought it was going bad, but after reading so many issues, I am afraid to buy a new one.

0 Kudos
JRJ
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I attached another Tracker ID for basement TV.  It must be a Comcast issue.  Mine started a couple of months ago, as well.  Hope they figure it out.

Roku Volume Issue    

TVLocationModelSerial #Tracker ID 
HitachiBasement3800RCT392173437474-069-996Volume issue
LGKitchen3810X21507F08368282-064-826Volume issue
SamsungBedroom3810X21313F973200 Volume issue
TCL Roku TVStudy    

Software version:  11.5.0 Build:  4312-50 No Problem noticed

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @Mountaineer1 @lmsmithrku

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

We believe this issue has now been resolved. If you are still experiencing an issue, we would recommend checking for a manual system update by navigating to Home > Settings > System > System update > Check now. If the issue persists after manually updating, please provide us with the following information for further investigation:

-Roku device model, Serial number, Device ID, Software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
-Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
Once we have the information needed, we'll be able to forward it to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos