cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bonsler
Binge Watcher

TV volume changes on its own with Roku ultra and 4K streaming sticks

Jump to solution

The TV volume changes intermittently and goes up very loud or very low. This happens with our ROKU Ultra and ROKU 4K streaming sticks. Occasionally, the ROKU remote volume buttons won't work and you have to shut off the TV and turn it back on to gain control of the remote again. All of our streaming sticks software is updated. 

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: TV volume changes on its own with Roku ultra and 4K streaming sticks

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thanks for your patience while we investigated the issue you are experiencing with TV volume changes when playing content.

Please be aware that we believe this issue has been resolved and are rolling out the fix to affected devices.

Your patience and understanding in the meantime is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

94 REPLIES 94
PaulinOhio
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I'm having the same problem. I have several Roku Express 4k's. It does this on all of them. I replaced one with a brand new name brand Roku remote and it did it right out of the box. This is a very annoying problem. It just gets very loud with one slight tap of the volume button.

KJSS
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Interesting.  I have never had this problem.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Bonsler @PaulinOhio

Thanks for the posts.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing? 

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Bonsler
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

The tv volume decreases or increases by itself. The volume button on the Roku remote will not control the volume at that point. When we are viewing a show on the Xfinity app, we have learned to go up or down a channel and then return to the original channel to resume the previously set volume. If we are on Netflix etc, we have to shut off the TV and turn it on to gain control of the volume again. 

This has happened on 3 tvs with the Roku stick, whether it's the ultra or 4K.

Thank you. 

Grampy717

Jump to solution

What is the recommended solution to this problem?

0 Kudos
dluiz777

Jump to solution

I’m having the same issue with the Ultra an stick on 2 different model TVs as well..it’s not a TV issue or specific Roku device issue. This happened about 2-3 weeks ago, so I suspect this was affected during an update…

The volume goes very low to actually distorting the audio…all at random. Tried everything..rebooting, re-paring..still occurs.

Many people are having similar issues. I’m a Senior QA Engineer and I would suspect a recent update to be the culprit.  

Hope this helps!

Philh56

Jump to solution

Have a Roku express 4K stick and am having similar problems, I can be watching a programme and the volume will suddenly drop very low to the point where it’s VERY faint. Happens on all channels and sources, including if I’m playing something on my phone and using Airplay to cast the video to the Roku and display it on tv. Started couple of months ago, did factory reset, seemed to fix it, now happening again.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thanks for the posts.

We would be more than happy to investigate this issue, but we need more details. Can you please provide us the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • brand and model TV you are using
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to look into further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
twf1944
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have same issue, up or down sound, sometimes ultra loud with just 1 touch of up vol button------first time on this forum----I don't see any replies to you??