Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
takalevy
Binge Watcher

Re: TCL roku tv, Amazon prime/Netflix glitch screen

I have 2 TCL ROKU TV’s. Both have this problem intermittently. My only solution was to go to settings>system>power and do a reboot.  

I believe I’ve seen this on Amazon, Netflix and CNN. Colors are normal on Home Screen and other channels

my guess is something is getting corrupted in the app. 

TCL55 and 65 inch Roku TV's.
0 Kudos
Yaz2

I'd the same issue with my device, anyone ? I tried to unplug and plug and nothing

0 Kudos
JW63
Reel Rookie

Hi, mine did the green screen, no video, only audio, the other day and I unplugged it, no power for about 10 minutes and it took care of it. Im guessing it "reboots" the TV. Good luck try it again I guess.

0 Kudos
takalevy
Binge Watcher

I suggest going to Settings > System > Power > System Restart

This won't stress the electronics and is easier if your power cord is hard to get to.

Sorry you are having same glitch as I and others are having.  It appears that the imbedded players are getting corrupted but the home screen still looks great.  Hopefully this annoying situation will get resolved.

TCL55 and 65 inch Roku TV's.
0 Kudos
JW63
Reel Rookie

Thanks! That does seem much easier. 

0 Kudos
GeneralMayhem
Channel Surfer

Had a similar issue but screen wasn't green it was dark and purplish, did a check of the forums here and others have had same issue. People also said that unplugging for 10 minutes or resetting the T.V. works for awhile but problem persists after a day or maybe even a week.

Some people have found that changing display settings while in full screen mode by pressing the * and changing from "vivid" to "movie" mode is a longer lasting fix, I tried it and it worked for me. If the problem persists maybe give that a try 

0 Kudos
Srhalter58

My TCL only seems to be happening on Netflix. The system restart did resolve for now.

0 Kudos
Rrack
Reel Rookie

Same here on our 55” TCL 4K with the built in Roku.  At least once every couple weeks I get the static green on Netflix, AppleTV and every other app. I get no sound just a frozen greenish static screen.  Once it starts every app does the same.  I’ve found that unplugging and rebooting is a short term fix… for a couple weeks at least.   Shouldn’t be doing this though.  Hopefully there’s some sort of update for a permanent fix.

0 Kudos