Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Re: TCL 55R615 Audio Delay

@matiasf9

Please feel free to send me a PM with your Roku TV's serial number from Settings>System>About, the specific model of Vizio soundbar you are using, and more information about the issue you're seeing. Include any additional details about your current home setup, such as your current settings in Settings>Audio>Audio mode, whether your soundbar is using an HDMI or optical connection, and any example content title where you're observed an audio sync issue. I'll follow up directly to assist you further! 

Thanks,
Tanner
0 Kudos
blade_005
Roku Guru

"matiasf9" wrote:
I have the same issue. I just got my new TCL 65 Series 5 and Vizio soundbar, and after installing everything for these two days (hang in wall, 5.1 in room with hidden cables, etc), I figured out that the audio is delayed (audio after image; watching Netflix; any movie). Any fix/tip? Otherwise I’m planning to return to Costco and get another brand 😞

See post #12 in this thread if you want to try the settings I have used with my Vizio 5.1 soundbar and TCL Roku that work pretty well. There is still some occasional drift if I scan forward or backward a lot in a stream, but that is quickly fixed with turning the soundbar OFF and ON to reset and synch the audio for the remainder of the video stream.

https://forums.roku.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=152729#p647711
BenQ HT2060 4LED Projector | ONN 5.1.2 Dolby ATMOS Soundbar | FTV4K MAX
TCL Roku-TV 55P605 (4K/HDR/DV) | VIZIO SB36512‑F6 ATMOS Soundbar | FTV4K MAX
TCL Roku-TV 43S425 (4K HDR) | FTV4K MAX
TCL Roku-TV 32S301 (720p) | FTV4K MAX
0 Kudos
Rage_kage
Visitor

Same issue here with my 55R615. I'm using a Pioneer AVR with audio from the TV hooked up with HDMI ARC. Any sources attached directly to the AVR do not show delay, however all of the apps (YouTube TV, Plex, Netflix) have delay.

As an experiment I also plugged my Chromecast into HDMI 1 on the TV directly and it has delay too.
0 Kudos
olenderj
Visitor

Same issue with me - Roku TCL 65 with a Sonos Beam.  Can't shake the delay.  Such a bummer.... PLEASE FIND A FIX, ROKU!!!!
Markjd11
Visitor

They don’t have a fix. Talking with them is a waste of time; I’ve been trying for over a month now.
0 Kudos
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

@olenderj

Thanks for letting us know what you're running into. Our team is currently investigating these reports. Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, your TV's serial number from Settings>System>About, along with more details about when you observe the issue during playback. Including specifics, such as the channel you are streaming and a content title, is also very helpful. 

Thanks,
Tanner
0 Kudos
captainslog
Visitor

I have the same issue. TCL TV with Roku and the audio doesn't sync

Why don't you post the solution here rather than PMing everyone.

What is the answer?
Markjd11
Visitor

"captainslog" wrote:
I have the same issue. TCL TV with Roku and the audio doesn't sync

Why don't you post the solution here rather than PMing everyone.

What is the answer?

Exactly! Just post an answer, if there even is one.
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

@captainslog 

Thanks for reaching out. These reports and the specific scenarios that can cause this type of issue vary widely. It can relate to a variety of factors from your home A/V setup or settings, to the specific streaming service you are watching, to content-related issues, etc. Given this, there isn't necessarily a single solution to post, or we'd certainly do so. 

What we can do is help gather more information about your device setup and A/V equipment, your current settings and configuration, and specific examples of channels/content where you experience an issue, provide additional troubleshooting steps to see if we can help resolve the issue you're experiencing, and share feedback with our team to continue looking into this. 

Please feel free to send me a PM with the information requested in the thread above, and I'd be happy to see how we can assist you further. 

Thanks,
Tanner
0 Kudos
plutonashfan
Visitor

"Finder" wrote:
Having the exact same problem.  Measured the delay via ARC on my TCL 4 series Roku TV - it is about 150ms delay (audio later than video) if using PCM and about 250ms delay using auto or Dolby Digital.  Is anything being done to fix this in 9.1 or do we just need to buy new TVs without Roku OS?  Seems like every Roku TV with 8.x and 9.x has had this issue - maybe related to Roku Speaker support?

Good news is it seems like a universal issue - should be able to replicate it easily in house at Roku.

Using a Sonos Beam like the original poster but I hear the issue is the same if you use the beam or not... or if you use ARC or Optical - does not matter.

You would think??? but look here https://forums.roku.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=110877&start=60, look at the views and the start date. I'm currently talking to Tanner (who I can confirm is real) about the same issue that I been having since Christmas, hopefully something happens. I been asking for both a lip-sync and audio delay option built into Roku till they figure out what the h311 the problem is. For me the temporary fixes have been using an android box to manual adjust the audio, which I must admit doesn't help the OP if it for gaming. Personally I have a gaming headset that I use on my PS4 and haven't had any audio problems because it bypasses both my receiver and crappy TV speakers, though I mostly play COD. With that said it's crazy that this has been going on for soooo long with no end in sight. Kills me too got a great deal on my TV during black Friday and everything about it is pretty much great including the software updates except for surround sound problem, UGH! I'm also surprised that haven't angered a lawyer enough who is thinking about bringing up a class-action lawsuit against them.