Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mark_H-
Streaming Star

Re: TCL 55R615 Audio Delay

Unfourtunetly this doesn't apply to the R615. There is no setting for that. 😔

0 Kudos
copper3000
Channel Surfer

Audio Delay Fix

I originally selected Auto Passthrough and the audio was out of sync so I changed it to the following and the sync issue went away!

Settings
TV inputs - HDMI mode - HDMI 2.0
Audio - Digial audio out - Dolby Digital Plus, DTS

0 Kudos
Threegeese
Binge Watcher

Re: Audio Delay Fix

Unfortunately you can’t set audio on an input by input basis with these TVs.

Any setting other than pcm-stereo will cause audio delay with my soundbar. I have an Apple TV, Blu-Ray, cable box and the internal Roku apps all using different audio capabilities. 

0 Kudos
copper3000
Channel Surfer

Did you go to Settings - TV Inputs - HDMI Mode for each of your inputs  and change them to HDMI 2.0?

0 Kudos
Mark_H-
Streaming Star

I know you were asking Threegeese but I have already tried this as well. One of my test movies is Gemini Man. For whatever reason it has the hardest time syncing the audio. Dolby Vision and Atmos. Most other DV on UHD is pretty decent (but still seems like it's ever so slightly out of sync) but Gemini Man is in a league of its own. What this really shows me is even with the Roku platform on TVs, it's still massively worth it to have an external box if you are running an AVR. eARC could potentially solve this but manufacturers have to implement it correctly. 

Threegeese
Binge Watcher

Yes I do have all hdmi inputs set to 2.0.

I try every suggestion and combination posted but have yet to see at solution that doesn’t cause severe audio sync issues in one form or another—pcm-stereo being the best compromise for switching between atmos, dts and stereo tv sources via hdmi arc. For me this issue has been the biggest drawback to the R625 615 series. I hope it is all ironed out before I buy my next tv.

copper3000
Channel Surfer

It seems like all my issues have cleared up with the following settings. I wish they would work for you guys too...

Adjust while watching each type of video
(push *)

TV Brightness- Brighter
Picture size - Auto
Picture Mode - *Movie
Local Contrast - High
Brightness - 48
Color Temperature - Normal
Action Smoothing - Low

Picture Mode - *Normal (Dolby)
Local Contrast - High
Brightness - 51
Color Temperature - Normal
Action Smoothing - Low

All other settings default or off

Settings
TV inputs - HDMI mode - HDMI 2.0
Audio - Digial audio out - Dolby Digital Plus, DTS

Turnip
Streaming Star

I recently bought TCl 65S421 and really frustrated with this issue!!

I am watching via cable box and push * and I don't have a Sound Mode option to turn off.  

I have Sound mode and Sound Settings.  Within Sound Settings there is Dialog Enhancer but that is already off. 

I'm very upset about this.   I bought it on March 20th so I have only til April 20th to return it but tI already threw out the box.......    don't know if I can still return. 

This is ridiculous!!! 

0 Kudos
ChromeisBetter
Streaming Star

Re: TCL 65R615

I have a 65 inch Sharp and the problem has been happening to me as well.

ChromeisBetter
Streaming Star

I been having this very same problem for 30 months now and others have had the same issue since 2017. Return it even if they charge you an open box/re-stocking fee. I had to buy an andriod box and adjust everything I watch every single time by 150-200ms, super annoying and not worth the hassle especially now with everyone home.