Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
retroren

Syncing roku to my 5.1 surround sound system

Jump to solution

Hi, I have been enjoying my surround sound while watching a DVD, content from xfinity and streaming Netflix and tubi via Tivo.

However, I  can't enjoy my surround sound while streaming via roku. I am forced to listen to the TV speakers.

I'm not sure what equipment details someone might need to possibly help me. Also can I  attach photos such as the back side of my equipment.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Syncing roku to my 5.1 surround sound system

Jump to solution

Hello! @retroren,

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you for contacting us regarding the Roku surround system. We are happy to help.

With Roku audio devices, you can easily add stereo sound or surround sound to any TV without the hassle of wires and the complicated setup typical of most surround sound systems.

Before you put together your Roku sound system, determine if you have a Roku TV™ system and what Roku audio devices you have. 

If you have a Roku TV system, including a Roku Select Series HD TVRoku Select Series 4K TVRoku Plus Series TV, or Roku Pro Series TV, you can set up stereo sound.

If you have a Roku Plus Series TV or Roku Pro Series TV, in addition to the stereo sound configurations above, you can also set up surround sound. 

If you do not have a Roku TV system, you can set up a Roku sound system using a Roku Streambar® SE 

If you do not have a Roku TV system, you can only set up a Roku sound system using a Roku Streambar or Roku Streambar Pro 

Using a Streambar or Streambar Pro, you can unlock more surround sound configurations on a Roku TV system, such as 3.1 and 5.1 surround sound.

Refer to the following articles for instructions on how to set up your Roku sound system.

If you are using a Roku Streambar SE, Roku Streambar, or Roku Streambar Pro, you must set it up first before adding other audio devices.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Syncing roku to my 5.1 surround sound system

Jump to solution

Hello! @retroren,

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you for contacting us regarding the Roku surround system. We are happy to help.

With Roku audio devices, you can easily add stereo sound or surround sound to any TV without the hassle of wires and the complicated setup typical of most surround sound systems.

Before you put together your Roku sound system, determine if you have a Roku TV™ system and what Roku audio devices you have. 

If you have a Roku TV system, including a Roku Select Series HD TVRoku Select Series 4K TVRoku Plus Series TV, or Roku Pro Series TV, you can set up stereo sound.

If you have a Roku Plus Series TV or Roku Pro Series TV, in addition to the stereo sound configurations above, you can also set up surround sound. 

If you do not have a Roku TV system, you can set up a Roku sound system using a Roku Streambar® SE 

If you do not have a Roku TV system, you can only set up a Roku sound system using a Roku Streambar or Roku Streambar Pro 

Using a Streambar or Streambar Pro, you can unlock more surround sound configurations on a Roku TV system, such as 3.1 and 5.1 surround sound.

Refer to the following articles for instructions on how to set up your Roku sound system.

If you are using a Roku Streambar SE, Roku Streambar, or Roku Streambar Pro, you must set it up first before adding other audio devices.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.