Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gymJENkie
Reel Rookie

Subtitles disappear every time I skip intro on Hulu

Subtitles disappear every time I skip the intro on Hulu. If I exit the episode, it’ll come back but then it’ll also restart the entire episode. 

I have this issue on both Roku Express 4k + on 11.5.0.4312. Every thing is up to date on TV and Roku. I already tried factory reset and still same issues. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Re: Subtitles disappear every time I skip intro on Hulu

Hello @gymJENkie

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

In some cases, removing the channel and then re-installing it may help. To ensure the process is successful, follow the steps below making sure you restart your Roku device before adding the channel again.

-Remove the channel: Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press the Star button to open the options menu. Select Remove channel and confirm.
-Restart your Roku device: Restart the device from the settings menu. Go to Settings > System > System restart > Restart.
-Re-install the channel: After your Roku device restarts, visit the Roku Channel Store and add the channel again.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How to resolve a channel playback issue 

Let us know if this works for you!

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
gymJENkie
Reel Rookie

That did not work at all. Subtitles still disappear when I click “skip intro.”

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

@gymJENkie 

Thanks for the reply.

Have you checked other channels installed on your Roku device if the same issue occurs? If Hulu is the only affected app, we suggest reaching out to Hulu's customer support team to see if they have any additional settings or options within their channel that may resolve your subtitles issue. 

You can contact them here: Hulu Help

Let us know if you need more help!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos