Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
techhead51
Binge Watcher

Streaming service not playing hdr or 4k

I have 4 4k streaming devices, roku ultra 4640x version 11.0.0 build 4184-29

Connected to tcl roku TV 4k hdr10 at 60 fps on hdmi 3  mode standard

roku ultra 4800x Dolby vision and atoms connected to LG 4k Dolby vision and atmos hdmi 3 arc to yamaha a2a

About two weeks ago amazon prime video and hulu stopped showing any hdr or 4k videos only HD  videos

Even with 4k content 

Hbomax , Disney plus and ytube have no issues 

Every device ,the 3 rokus and the LG tv are up to date 

I contacted Amazon 2 today and get the same response we will look into this

I did a year of Amazon prime and think they are catering to people that are on the monthly subscription to keep them and not messing with their content 

But would accept any help in getting this fixed

I have 200 mbps internet and all devices tested 95 mbps or higher have unplug all my internet devices for over an hour, did not fix the issue 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Streaming service not playing hdr or 4k

@techhead51

Thanks for the post.

We would be more than happy to investigate this issue for you. Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device(s) model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
-screenshot of the issue occuring

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
techhead51
Binge Watcher

TCL Roku tv 4k hdr10 hdcp 2.2  c134x 43s435 build 10.5.0 build 4210-93 serial number x00000at6xhr

Prime Video app version 12.3 build 2021122417 tested connection speed 146mbps

Roku Ultra 4640x 4k hdr10 60 fps software version 11.00 build 4193-29  serial number yp001s429458

Prime Video app version 14.0 build 2022032210 tested connection speed 95mbps

Roku ultra 4800x 4k hdr10 Dolby vision hdcp 2.2 software version 11.0.0 build 4193-c2  serial number x01000e7evwh

Amazon prime video app version 14.0 build 2022032210 tested connection speed 155mbps

Amazon prime video app on LG tv updated 3/18/2022 version 1.1.43

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@techhead51

Thanks for the follow up and providing us with the information that we have requested.

I have passed along your concerns and information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. Once more information is available, I'll be sure to update this Community thread.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
LazyLefty

Same problem here.

Roku Ultra 4800X Software version 11.0.0 build 4193-C2

amazon prime channel version 14.0 build 2022061316

scrambled video but clear and good audio when trying to view a movie.

no problem with trailer for the same movie

it is now june 25, six weeks after the first message on this conversation

any feedback?

0 Kudos
techhead51
Binge Watcher

Turn of any free sync options on the display, turn off auto refresh rate, HDR subsampling , if one selected the other, options 4:2:0 or 4:2:2

The hdmi cable that came with the unit is not fast enough for 4k, try a different cable.

Prime video does not like 24hz display.

0 Kudos