Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Emissary35
Roku Guru

Streaming Stick 4K - Youtube Freezes After Bootup

I've noticed recently that anytime I plug in my Roku Streaming Stick 4K after being unplugged for not being used, there is an issue with youtube. When I click on the app after it loads it freezes on the menu, none of the buttons will respond on the remote then after 60 to 120 seconds the Roku reboots itself. If this doesn't happen when the app loads right away it will happens instead as soon as I select a video to play.

After the app freezes the screen goes black for a minute or two then the stick reboots, after that when  I go back to youtube everything functions normally. This has happened to me the last four times I've plugged in my Streaming stick after it not being used for a while. This has been going on for over a week. There is something causing this issue and it only happens after I have just plugged my Roku in. I want this issue to be looked into and solved. I have the Roku Stick updated to the latest version.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Streaming Stick 4K - Youtube Freezes After Bootup

Hi @Emissary35,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We would like to know how to identify and resolve any playback issues. Are all other streaming channels playing content normally? Have you tried removing the channel, restarting your device from Settings>System>Power>System restart (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step), then once it loads up again, adding the channel back once more to see if that clears things up?

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
vara411

Had the same problem... when I try to land the app, it tells me I have no internet for a time, then finally loads. When I play a video the ads hang for like 15 seconds and then resume playing. Then when I finally click "skip ads" it takes me to the video I selected, which then hangs yet again.

I tried the prescribed fix..... didn't work.

I bought this stick two years ago when YouTube and YouTube TV ceased to work on an older Roku model. And here we go again... Pretty freaking annoying. 

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Hi @vara411

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Can you please provide us with more specific information about the issue you are experiencing? Do you encounter any error messages? Are all the other streaming channels operating normally? How long has the issue existed and what troubleshooting done to resolve the issue?

With detailed information, we will be able to assist you better.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos