Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tortuga2315
Reel Rookie

Stream Bar Pro can't stream ultra high quality 4K content

I have a Stream Bar Pro connected to my TV in my bedroom. I have a Unifi U6-LR mounted to the ceiling about 50ft away and there is one wall (drywall) in between the access point and the Roku. I have a Plex server which is hardwired to my network. I have 2 separate WiFi networks, a 2G on channel 11 and a 5G on channel 153. I created 2 separate WiFi networks to force clients onto a specific band.

I am having trouble streaming ultra high quality 4K content to the Stream Bar Pro. The videos have a bitrate of 50mbit to 80mbit. When I monitor Plex when I try to play a video the actual bandwidth uses ranges from 90mbps to 150mbps. I cannot complete a speed test on the Stream Bar Pro when connected to the 5G network, but when I run a speed test on the 2G network I get 60mbps to 80mbps. The Stream Bar Pro reports Excellent signal strength when connected to either network. If I do a speed test on my iPhone standing next to the Stream Bar Pro I get 95mbps on 2G and 450mbps on 5G.

I have a Roku Ultra in my great room hardwired and I have no issues streaming the same content.

Plex is NOT transcoding. Everything is Direct Play.

0 Kudos