Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
matthewsukor
Reel Rookie

Spotify volume constantly changes

The spotify app on roku constantly changes the volume. It doesn't change the volume of the tv, but every song will be playing normal, then get quiet for a few seconds, and then get louder. It's the only app that does this ☹ it's maddening to listen to. I just want to listen to my music 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Spotify volume constantly changes

Hello @matthewsukor

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community.

Try enabling Automatic Volume Leveling from the settings menu and see if that will resolve the issue you're experiencing. To do this, follow the instructions below:

1. Press the Home button on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll up or down and select Settings.
  3. Select Audio.
  4. Select Volume modes.
  5. Leveling: Enables consistent volume across different types of entertainment so you do not have to change the volume every time you switch channels or a commercial comes on.

If you have a Roku TV, you may be able to adjust manufacturer-specific sound modes from the same options menu described above. For more information, this support article may help: How do I use volume modes on my Roku® streaming device?

Let us know how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
matthewsukor
Reel Rookie

Thank you! I don't have a model with volume modes. 3600X

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

@matthewsukor

I apologize for the delay in response.

Many channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developer themselves. We suggest reaching out to Spotify's customer support team to report the issue and get help. There's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them.

You can contact them here: Spotify Support

Thank you for your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos