Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spectrum app and all channels subscribed through Spectrum video freezing but sound keeps playing

Starting 3 days ago, on both of my tvs that we have Roku plugged into, the video freezes, usually during a commercial. The sound continues to play like nothing happened. This is happening while watching the Spectrum app or any channels that we subscribe to through Spectrum such as the Animal Planet or Cartoon Network apps. Apps are up to date. Wifi is fine. Have reset the connection, the router, the modem, and the roku. I have to leave the episode/show that I am watching then go back into it for the video to restart. Spectrum is telling me it is on the Roku side. Roku is telling me it is Spectrum. In the meantime the problem is getting more frequent. What else can I do?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Annabanana57
Reel Rookie

Re: Spectrum app and all channels subscribed through Spectrum video freezing but sound keeps playing

Since last Roku software update, I am getting video freeze while audio continues normally on multiple channels and two identical roku players in different rooms. Happens on ABC watching LIVE TV, ROKU, Discovery, Acorn and others. Useful support from ROKU is NON-EXISTANT.

Many questions and no answers at this point but super annoying.

0 Kudos
CtgMg
Reel Rookie

Re: Spectrum app and all channels subscribed through Spectrum video freezing but sound keeps playing

Same problem here. I have to change the channel and then go back to what I was watching. Happens constantly 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@CtgMg

Thanks for the post.

Is this the only channel that you are experiencing this issue with? 

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more. 

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
CtgMg
Reel Rookie

Thanks Danny.  What’s crazy is I was worried about watching the Buffalo Bills game last Saturday because of this but it seems to have been fixed. 
😊

0 Kudos