Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Sounds keeps cutting out

@Marlowe28

Thanks for the post.

If you disconnect the soundbar from your tv, are you still experiencing the same issue occur with the sound cutting out?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Treppy
Channel Surfer

I have what I believe to be a similar (if not the same) issue. Audio will cut out for a few seconds, then come back. The happens about every 30 minutes or so. I have closed captions turned on so I don' miss anything. Yes, I have changed HDMI cables, tried different HDMI ports, result is the same. None of my other devices connected via HDMI have this issue with the audio, only the Roku.

Roku Express 4K+

Running the latest software for this device (since it pretty much auto checks each day)

11.0.0 build 419-CR

TV is a Panasonic TH-42PZ77U from 2008. For the heck of it, I did try a different TV. I connected the Roku using the same HDMI cable to my Vizio M321i-A2 from 2013. I am of the belief that when the Roku was connected to this TV, I didn't experience the audio cut out. I may have tested this for about 1 hour. So perhaps its some incompatablity between the Roku and my Panasonic from 2008? But I still can't understand why all the other HDMI devices (DVD player, DVR Spectrum cablebox, and any PC we connect to it) doesn't have these audio issues. Whatever Roku is doing, it needs to be a little more backwards compatible with older flat screen TV's then. 

0 Kudos
Treppy
Channel Surfer

Were sorry...
None of your products are eligible for agent support. 

Awesome

This is why they have the support model of a "Roku Community"

users helping other users, and getting no where!
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Treppy

Thanks for the post.

If you are not experiencing the same playback issue on another TV, it's possible that the connection input or the TV itself may be the cause of the issue you are experiencing.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Treppy
Channel Surfer

Doubtful. As I stated earlier, none of the other HDMI devices on this TV have this anomaly. Only the Roku does this. Don't understand why the Roku is so "picky" when it comes to audio on this TV

It's obvious others in this community are experiencing the same issue. Can't get any real Roku tech support on this either, since apparently the Express 4K+ doesn't qualify for any. I get it, the Roku itself didn't cost much. But still, you should provide something other than folks preaching to the choir on the Roku Community. And i don't want to invest in a new flat screen until I have to. Spending $750+ just to get a 30 dollar device to work properly doesn't make sense to me.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Treppy
Thanks for the follow up.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos