Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beltonite
Channel Surfer

Sound issues and You Tube videos go to tile size

Sound will not come back after being muted even after the 5 seconds - happens half the time, so I've put up with it and then wind up power cycling - sometimes to include yanking the ROKU stick out completely.  Another "feature" of this ever changing and constantly degrading stick is when watching You Tube, occasionally between videos, the screen size changes to a tiny thumbnail size screen on my television and no matter what I press or navigate to, it will not return to normal and turns into (you guessed it) another stick yanker.  My little fan burned up, so now I have the stick connected to an HDMI extension cable hanging in front of my little 8" fan to keep it from cooking through its own plastic housing.  Pity it's not larger or I'd cook pancakes on it.  This thing isn't even that old.  Just about ready to bail on ROKU at this point.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Sound issues and You Tube videos go to tile size

@Beltonite 

Thanks for the post.

We would be more than happy to look further into this issue for you, but we will need more details. Can you please provide us the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Beltonite
Channel Surfer

Re: Sound issues and You Tube videos go to tile size

Yeah, no - this happens when I exit the home deck and enter the You Tube App.  It ONLY happens in the You Tube app. and what's more, the controls become unresponsive such that I have to yank the stick out of the cable to the television for a few minutes, yank the batteries out of the remote, fix a drink and try to relax.   I am certain I am not the only human being on earth that is experiencing this.  If I capture a code, it will be by sheer luck and nothing else, so don't hold your breath.  Not trying to be sarcastic or cynical, but I am so, so jaded when it comes cheap electronics coming from overseas.  It sort of works most of the time and I guess that's the best I can hope for.  I can assure you of one thing - if you wish to replace it, then send me a new one first, THEN I'll send this old one back - not the other way around.  Thanks.

Model:  Streaming Stick 4K

Serial Number:  X017005XUREG  - Software Version 11.5.0 - build 4312-CU

Device ID S08Y41DXUREGCooling Solution Version 2Cooling Solution Version 2Model and Software InfoModel and Software Info

0 Kudos